boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: Logan ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 SF Bay and California Delta Boaters
 Bethel Island Delta Coves project
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Cold Ocean Topic Next Topic: Need help to find a good spot to fish for Stripers  

Boomer

RO# 753

Posted - May 05 2008 :  17:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know whats happening with the Delta Cove project. They seem to be proceeding but no sales office - phone number - website? No info seems to be available on when or what their intentions might be. Looks like the new marina is all uncovered berths (big mistake). Anybody got a clue as to what/when they plan to do?

Homeport:

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - May 05 2008 :  18:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The BIMID website seems to have the most up to date info. http://www.bimid.com/deltacoves.html

Here is the offical website: http://www.deltacoves.com/

SunCal owns the project: http://www.suncal.com/community/?id=67

I believe they have a sales office on the levee near the Bethel Island Rd entrance, but I'm not sure it is being manned right now, do to slow sales activity. What makes you think the berths will be uncovered? I think it is too soon to know; I agree it would be a big mistake unless they want to cater to sail boats!

Hope this helps.

Just think about the mess Obama inherit this time. And it ain't Bush's fault!!!

Homeport: California Sierras/Gold Country Go to Top of Page

bigwaveohs

RO# 14616

Posted - May 05 2008 :  20:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't wait for all the performance boaters to move in...

Homeport: Bethel Island, CA Go to Top of Page

roy hope

RO# 23340

Posted - May 06 2008 :  02:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HEARD TODAY THAT SUN-CAL HAS FILED FOR YOU KNOW WHAT.
JUST A RUMOR BUT IT MAKES YOU WONDER.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

UpperDecker

RO# 19078

Posted - May 06 2008 :  10:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roy hope

I HEARD TODAY THAT SUN-CAL HAS FILED FOR YOU KNOW WHAT.
JUST A RUMOR BUT IT MAKES YOU WONDER.

Makes sense. Couldn't have picked a worse time to embark on a major high end housing development.

"You Know, A Long Time Ago Being Crazy Meant Something. Nowadays, Everybody's Crazy."
-Charles Manson

Homeport: San Mateo, CA Go to Top of Page

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - May 06 2008 :  11:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can "thank" Contra Costa County for the timing of this project. The original owners tried to get this project going 20 yrs ago and the county kept refusing to issue the required permits. The whole thing finally ended up in court and the court ruled in the project's favor which forced CCC to issue the permits.

As far as SunCal goes, they have a court ordered completion date. I think they will give this project priority as far as funds go so they do not miss the deadline. Other projects they are involved with probably will not be so lucky.

Edited by - Flutterby on May 06 2008 11:16:03

UpperDecker

RO# 19078

Posted - May 06 2008 :  12:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flutterby

You can "thank" Contra Costa County for the timing of this project. The original owners tried to get this project going 20 yrs ago and the county kept refusing to issue the required permits. The whole thing finally ended up in court and the court ruled in the project's favor which forced CCC to issue the permits.

As far as SunCal goes, they have a court ordered completion date. I think they will give this project priority as far as funds go so they do not miss the deadline. Other projects they are involved with probably will not be so lucky.

Maybe it's for the better. If they issued the permits a few years earlier, there would be a bunch of foreclosures on some nice homes in Bethel about now.

"You Know, A Long Time Ago Being Crazy Meant Something. Nowadays, Everybody's Crazy."
-Charles Manson

Homeport: San Mateo, CA Go to Top of Page

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - May 06 2008 :  12:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, it is my understanding that SunCal is selling lots with very specific CCRs for building homes on these lots. But they are not the home builders per se.

Previous Topic: Cold Ocean Topic Next Topic: Need help to find a good spot to fish for Stripers  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.66 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com