boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 15 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: Logan ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Prairie Sedan Trawler 29
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: sea pro vs stratos center consoles Topic Next Topic: Calling Maxum 4600 SCB owners  

RobertNJ

RO# 24819

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  13:12:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone here familiar with this boat? I tried a google search looking for general reviews, but found nothing. It has a single diesel and seems to have plenty of room inside. Hargrave design.

Just wondering if it would make for a good coastal cruiser.

Thanks

Homeport:

MEfirst

RO# 21005

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  19:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Prairie 29 was only built in the late 70's to early 80's. Then Atlantic acquired the hulls and built it for a couple more years. Prairie actually named the boat the 29 Coastal Cruiser, although not all boats are named correctly. The Powerboat Guide gives it a pretty good review.

Homeport: Grand Rapids, MI Go to Top of Page

KnottyBuoyz

RO# 20406

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  19:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only ever seen one and that was 2 yrs ago on the Rideau Canal. It was a very nice looking boat. Sturdy. Appeared to be well suited to the inland waterways and Great Lakes.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

caltexfla

RO# 14522

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  20:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FWIW, Guy on a mooring near to me in Marathon this winter had one of these. Nice boat and he was very happy with it after many years of ownership. Certainly had that Hargrave touch, where you say, gee someone was thinking here when they designed this. We also struck up a conversation with an RV'ing couple that had one back home in Wrightsville Beach, and they had nothing but good things to say as well.

George

Homeport: Wherever Go to Top of Page

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  05:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are a lot of boat for a 29 ft'er, but my wife said the next boat have a square berth, no more V-berths for her...

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: sea pro vs stratos center consoles Topic Next Topic: Calling Maxum 4600 SCB owners  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.67 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com