BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 56 ]  [ Total: 59 ]  [ Newest Member: bopper94 ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Diving Discussions
 Sea Hunt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gregory S Posted - Feb 06 2009 : 21:30:15
Ever wonder why you never see the old Sea Hunt series in re-runs? Go to You Tube and do a search for "Sea Hunt". Great stuff.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gregory S Posted - Feb 18 2009 : 20:28:22
Just ordered the complete DVD collection.
Gregory S Posted - Feb 08 2009 : 21:57:09
He had to so the bad guys didn't catch him and cut his regulator hose.
L. Keith Posted - Feb 08 2009 : 18:05:32
And he swims with hands too much, not cool these days.
Gregory S Posted - Feb 08 2009 : 13:10:49
still great to watch even though he dove alone most of the time.
RWS Posted - Feb 08 2009 : 10:23:04
Here's a GREAT Sea Hunt link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43iMY-t6nUI
RWS Posted - Feb 08 2009 : 08:49:51
Here's the website

seahuntadventures.com/Argonaut/argonaut.html

More information on Mike Nelson's boat:

San Diego California is the home port of ARGONAUT. Argonaut is the famous 33 ft TROJAN Express Cabin Cruiser used by Lloyd Bridges as Mike Nelson in the 1960's underwater adventure TV series "Sea Hunt.".

Under the warm Southern California sun in 1960, In its third season the cast and crew of Ziv Productions began filming Americas number one syndicated underwater adventure weekly TV show, Sea Hunt. Many technical advances had been made in the field of scuba diving for recreation or research since the shows first season in 1958. Ziv and Lloyd knew that the new ARGONAUT had to be first class in every way. Said to be requested by Lloyd Bridges himself, a brand new 33 foot Trojan Sea Breeze Model 346 Express Cruiser with Fly-bridge was custom built and delivered to Ziv Productions Hollywood California.

Upon receiving the work order, Trojan boat company located in Lancaster P.A. made sure that only their top shipwrights built the ARGONAUT . American reputation, quality and pride had to be maintained. For many generations Amish men in Lancaster P.A. had carried on the family tradition of building wooden vessels. As we further explore through restoration, we discover that the design and quality in ship building is flawless. Trojan ship designer, William K. Smith oversaw production and quality of Serial number 1018. The ARGONAUT was also used by Lloyd as his personal family boat even after the show ended.

In March 2000, the Argonaut was put into dry-dock for its millennium refit. In order to continue with tradition, this brave vessel needs to be re-varnished, repainted, re-chromed and resealed. It was decided that only the finest materials and time honored traditions for shipbuilding would be Applied to the Argonaut. The Argonaut is all original and is in great shape, all equipment such as depth finder, radio and sonar are in tact. The twin Crusader engines and original instruments still work perfectly. Some parts are just too old and worn to be used and so for safety sake they will be replaced by brand new identical parts.

By summer 2002, Argonaut plans to once again ply the California coastline and appear at boat shows and other major events. To carry on with the Lloyd Bridges legacy, Argonaut will work closely alongside other environmental agencies concerned with keeping our oceans clean and safe. So please visit www.wm2050 .org and help support this effort then ask how you could become an honorary crew member today and help us make clean and safe oceans a top priority this new millennium.

e-mail: argonaut(at)seahuntadventures.com

Gregory S Posted - Feb 07 2009 : 19:38:25
Just got back from a vacation in Playa Del Carmen. Four great dives and that's what got me thinking about Sea Hunt.
dominic Posted - Feb 07 2009 : 15:19:17
Hell....I'm gonna go watch another episode right now....

I'm driving down to Key Largo next Friday to Dive for a week....that should get me in the mood.
Gregory S Posted - Feb 07 2009 : 15:06:34
me too Dominic. Lloyd Bridges was like a god to me when I was a kid. Just hearing the theme song brings back great memories.
dominic Posted - Feb 07 2009 : 13:56:34
Greg....you won't be disappointed. "Mike" was a big reason I fell in love with boating and diving....

It's fun to see the old original cast members...Like Larry Hagman, Leonard Nimoy and others....
Gregory S Posted - Feb 07 2009 : 09:05:57
I'm thinking seriously about buying them Dominic.
RWS Posted - Feb 07 2009 : 07:56:31
By the way the ARGONAUT was a TROJAN BOAT built in Lancaster, PA

RWS
dominic Posted - Feb 07 2009 : 06:34:47
I have all of the Seasons/episodes of Sea Hunt CD's....I love watching them. My wife and daughter bought them for me las Father's day.
blouderback Posted - Feb 06 2009 : 22:38:03
I used to LOVE that show! I always wanted to be Mike Nelson.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.47 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com