BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 211 ]  [ Total: 217 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Sailing and Sailboats
 VOLVO OCEAN RACE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
saltysam Posted - May 19 2012 : 13:22:39
The boats are in Miami today., will leave tomorrow for next lewg.
RIGHT NOW the "Volvo Ocean Race" site is broadcasting a live coverage of an afternoon race being held in the Miami area, just offshore,. Good transmission, fancy, hich-tech boats.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PascalG Posted - May 19 2012 : 17:36:05
The problem is that the general media only cover the major pro sports like baseball, nascar, football, etc. sailing, formula 1, world rally etc never gets any mention

It s a real shame because the online coverage is excellent
saltysam Posted - May 19 2012 : 16:26:45
Should anyone have an interested contact in the sponsoring groups:

There has been an absolute ZERO publicity available in Fort Lauderdale re this event. My St Pete based son called me to speak of the fantastic race coverage then on-going. I had heard nothing-NADA--up to that point. Bad Mistakes by someone.
PascalG Posted - May 19 2012 : 16:15:04
We passed byf the in port race while on charter this afternoon. We ve been to the village a couple of time this week nice set up but they got a fraction of the crowds they had at other stops.

Very little media coverage... It s a shame because it is a nice event and easy to follow now with technology. Some of the footage is really good and set in daily
Billylll Posted - May 19 2012 : 13:55:12
The boats are all outfitted with WiFi using a private network to the support vessels. I was following the outfitting of the electronics used for this race some really cutting edge stuff for boating.
Bill

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 12.52 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com