BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 293 ]  [ Total: 295 ]  [ Newest Member: GrecRI2 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 HRCC - Hudson River & Inland NY waters
 Launch date?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Audrey II Posted - Mar 18 2020 : 07:52:55
Being the weather has been Spring like what are you thinking as to launch date?
I have barely started with the prep work but don't have a lot to do. Thinking about cutting the wrap this coming weekend then it's bottom paint and wax which the yard will take care of.
I would like to be in by mid April but would consider sooner.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Audrey II Posted - Mar 29 2020 : 20:48:09
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

Our marina just shut down for 2 weeks...

At least this may be wishful thinking.
These are crazy times hopefully once in a lifetime!
HOGAN Posted - Mar 27 2020 : 18:08:40
Our marina just shut down for 2 weeks...
JVM225 Posted - Mar 27 2020 : 18:02:17
I unwrapped today.
Got a few things in order, brought the ladders down to the boat and got ready to start the polish-wax-bottom paint ritual.
Not going to kill myself.
Any day we get some decent weather I can run down and put in a few hours.
Hopefully things will calm down by the time Iím ready to launch.
Audrey II Posted - Mar 24 2020 : 21:44:36
I spent the day sanding the bottom and the yard was open and happy to launch me as soon as I'm ready. This said they did say they are taking it one day at a time and this could change at a moment's notice!
While I was there a Sheriff's car pulled in my wife said hello and told him we were practicing a social distance and him said he didn't have an issue with anyone working on their boats!
CaptCrunch Posted - Mar 24 2020 : 20:39:06
Iím in. Was splashed today. My marina services some commercial fishing vessels and has one that docks on site so they are considered essential. However gates are closed and they arenít allowing anyone on premises without first calling the office and being screened and given permission.
HappyKamper Posted - Mar 23 2020 : 20:14:39
Anchorage Yacht Club is still launching boats. They asked not to approach the workers and do everything over
the phone.
I removed my wrap and started prep. I hope to be in within 2 weeks? It will be the earliest I'm in.
WALSHIE Posted - Mar 23 2020 : 20:02:47
According to an individual at a large marina on the West side of HAVERSTRAW bay, their attorney said they were an essential business since they provide transportation and transportation services (fuel). Every other marina we asked is operating as well. One mentioned they will launch boats as requested by owners. Another mentioned they practice safe distancing. Another said their ship store is open but they will bring material outside to you.

Considering launching is an outside and there is no reason for anyone to be within 6 feet of someone when launching, I can't see why places can't launch boats. I certainly want my boat in to allow for the solitude, stress relief and the option of hauling out of the area if need be.
32carv Posted - Mar 23 2020 : 18:08:40
In New York State, is it even legal for a marina to open with the current orders? As much as we love boating, it doesnít seem like it should be essential service or business.
Jim
Anchor Management Posted - Mar 23 2020 : 15:07:04
You would think that Haverstraw and the others would put out an email blast to their customers instead of us just wondering.
Audrey II Posted - Mar 23 2020 : 09:50:16
Mid last week I was told they planned to stay open and launch as soon as I'm ready but somehow I don't think these plans will last long.
WALSHIE Posted - Mar 22 2020 : 16:28:02
What's the status at your marina? Will you be closing? Can they launch boats? We as a working club are trying to figure it out.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.44 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com