BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 207 ]  [ Total: 216 ]  [ Newest Member: Tolly34ss ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Wellcraft Owners
 Refrigerator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jcluna Posted - Dec 03 2012 : 17:12:32
Hello, I have 2003 Wellcraft Martinique with 550 hours. My refrigerator is losing gas and the repair person says it is now worthy to have it fix or find the leakege. My mechanic is suggesting that I buy a refrigerator in Sears and that he will install an inverter to make it work. I'm not sure what will the implications of doing other than losing the capability to switch between 12V/110V. The marine refrigerator is very expensive. Any thoughts or recommendations?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laissez-Faire Posted - Dec 05 2012 : 08:20:15
just as a follow up, I do have a 120V small frig on the outside, now 5 yrs old, salt water. Only
paid abt $100-150, it pulls very little power. Only one small issue there were cold and much colder spots inside the frig, mainly due to glass shelves vs wire shelves (keeps the air circulation down), I installed computer fan INSIDE the frig, runs
all of the time, frig must be kept near min cooling, or will freeze all the items in the frig.
KiDa Posted - Dec 04 2012 : 22:13:08
quote:
Originally posted by Laissez-Faire

If you can find one that will fit, the 120V unit will give better service. Just make sure you
have enough air circulation. A small computer fan will do the trick. 12V system prices are
out of site!!!

+1.

A lot of friends are going to dorm size 120 VAC units.

At $125, if they last 3 years, you have beat the odds. When my 12/120 unit gives out, that is the way I am going....

My $0.02
Laissez-Faire Posted - Dec 04 2012 : 17:51:52
If you can find one that will fit, the 120V unit will give better service. Just make sure you
have enough air circulation. A small computer fan will do the trick. 12V system prices are
out of site!!!

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com