BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 190 ]  [ Total: 193 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 Drain problem...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fish_guts Posted - Jun 16 2013 : 19:38:33
Hello all, been a long time since I've been here on Boatered. Just bought a 1988 233 Ambassador. Having an issue with drainage. It seems the shower drain, and more importantly the drain on the first step to the galley are clogged. Would any of you know if these two are connected, is there a bildge pump for these? Or should I just send a snake through them and try to dislodge any blockage? I cant' find any owners manuals for this boat. I would really appreciate any help.

Richard
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Billylll Posted - Jun 17 2013 : 10:04:47
To use suction or force air or water will require plugging one or the other floor drain, otherwise if they are connected with a Y you might blow whatever is in the lines into the vessel through the darin that is left open.
Bill
cwms Posted - Jun 17 2013 : 09:27:21
Sucking the water out is good, but doesn't tell you where it drains. I suggest doing just the opposite...stick a hose with a pressure nozzle on the end into the drain. Turn it on and look for where the water comes out and it will unless you have a major blockage.
If you don't have a sump, I'm guessing it just drains into the bilge and the bilge pump pumps it overboard.
fish_guts Posted - Jun 17 2013 : 05:31:35
Billy, no sump or shower breaker, just a switch for the water pump. Capt. Bill, I will suck them out with my shopvac, but I'm still looking to see where they drain to. Thanks to both of you.
Capt. Bill1 Posted - Jun 16 2013 : 20:44:37
Try sucking them out with a shop vac. The shower drain is most likely clogged with hair. And/or the sump pump is not working.

Billylll Posted - Jun 16 2013 : 20:14:31
You may have a sump box, I would try and locate it. Do you have a breaker called shower or sump?
Bill

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 8.73 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com