BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 168 ]  [ Newest Member: colrhino ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 New England Cruising Club
 Haul Date

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rick D Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 07:24:25
Curious to hear from other New Englander's... what day are you hauling out for the season?

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rick D Posted - Nov 25 2013 : 07:23:17
I was finally hauled last thursday (11/21) and the boat was wrapped this weekend. Now begins the long wait until spring. My winter punch list has some items on it to keep me busy for a bit... but really look forward to Spring and the upcoming season.... about 168 days until launch.

--Rick
SPIKE Posted - Oct 11 2013 : 18:49:39
Weather good for this weekend. EIM a great destination. Marley's is open...last weekend though....closes end of day Sunday. Just a note...Marley's is cook to order, so expect a wait and worth it! Many other choices in Essex. Gris is just okay if they have a band, Seal always good, and Olive Oils is the best. Grab a lunch there...head to The Cove. CT River Museum and Art Gallery is a must see. You might see me out on the river with the Chris.
mx8 Posted - Oct 11 2013 : 07:34:38
[quote]Originally posted by Rick D

We are likely going to spend this Saturday to Sunday at Essex island marina for the last trip of the season. Walk around Essex, grab some drinks at the Griswald inn and watch the Sox play in the ALCS. Enjoy the cruise to and from and the onset of autumn on the CT river. Should be fun.
---Rick
colors are good, try and schedule yourselves time to head upriver from Essex a half hour or so to beyond Gillettes castle and the Chester Ferry.....the river narrows and the scenery is nice
Delivering Happiness Posted - Oct 11 2013 : 02:43:55
In the airport now for a 12 hours flight back to NY, I am hoping to be picked up by my wife and kids and make my way to the boat for a final weekend before winterizing the boat. The good news are now I have a hard bottom dinghy on a trailer so I am hoping to steal 2 or 3 days of dinghy boating during the winter if weather permit.
Rick D Posted - Oct 10 2013 : 21:22:35
We are likely going to spend this Saturday to Sunday at Essex island marina for the last trip of the season. Walk around Essex, grab some drinks at the Griswald inn and watch the Sox play in the ALCS. Enjoy the cruise to and from and the onset of autumn on the CT river. Should be fun.
---Rick
mx8 Posted - Oct 10 2013 : 17:54:50
End of the month, leaf peeping ride down the river Sunday will probably be it, then do oil changes,etc. I like the concept of leaving it in for the advantages but i`ve seen the ice stack up 4 ft high in my slip....
TimHenn Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 21:15:51
Not going to haul out after 17 years with the same routine...trying in-water storage. I will winterize early November.
jmeirhofer Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 20:42:34
Sorry Allen. If it is any constellation I may winterized the motors and genset in a couple weeks for no other reason than I am busy nearly every weekend in November and the first weekend in December. We are planning for our last trip of the season weekend after next to hopefully see some changing leaves.

I do plan to hold out on the AC and water as long as possible. I will be going out all winter long to do little projects but likely stop spending the night in January.
Audrey II Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 20:16:14
Sadly it looks like next week:(
Delivering Happiness Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 15:55:31
The week of Nov 4th. John that was under the belt :-)
jmeirhofer Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 14:02:59
Around April 1st for me. I need new bottom paint next year.
Audrey II Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 13:41:08
I don't usually bring a date, occasionally my wife joins me.
JoeBalt Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 11:00:23
Nov 15th this year...Still looking at one or two decent cruises before then.
Rick D Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 09:42:47
I would like to use it at least one more time before haul out... maybe go to Greenport?... Up the CT River?... not sure.

--Rick
SPIKE Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 08:53:56
After our Haloween/Christmas Party at the Marina this weekend. I usually do most of the winterizing before the haul. Hate to do it in the cold. Such a Wimp!
HOGAN Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 08:29:14
Any time after November 1
Prospective Posted - Oct 09 2013 : 08:26:21
I haul end of October. Columbus Day weekend will be the last trip. Then a weekend to winterize and do oil/filter changes then I'm out.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com