BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Cruising Guides
 Inside Passage
 Clean bill of Health at last

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jgsons2 Posted - Jun 04 2014 : 12:09:54
2012 we were going to go to Port Hardy and beyond. WRONG my wife went in for shortness of breath. She had a growth the size of a lemon growing in her heart. It was not cancer( Thank you dear Lord). 6hr of surgery and 1 year of rehab and she is doing fine.
We did a few short crab trips with our boys and there family in 2013.
Now for 2014 I will be trailer my boat to Bella Coola with my uncle for 14 to 16 days. Then my wife and aunt will come up by car and then my wife and I will go out for 14 to ? days. My aunt and uncle will drive the car back.
We will be going around King island and every little bay and inlet we can find.
As the boat has a range of 600 miles we will due fine on fuel. Ocean Falls has closed there fuel dock last year. The only fuel will be at Bella Coola and Shearwater.
I have been told there are 4 hot springs to see, lots of water falls, very good Steel Head fish up Dean channel, and lots of wild life to see on the way.
Yes Old Salt I will be taking lot of pictures and will post some on this page some time in August.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jgsons2 Posted - Jun 05 2014 : 15:17:27
I think it was you who told me the best water is at Ocean Falls. We empty the tanks and fill up there.
The last trip up there the Fuel at Shearwater was $.10 a gallon cheaper than at New Bella Bella. Food was cheaper and more of it at New Bella Bella.
I wish Peter Darwin was still at Namu. I had a lot of fun there showing him some things about mills and lathes. He showed me some good fishing spots.
They moved to Lizzie Cove on the north end of Hunter island.
I will take your list with me and make sure we can see every thing we can.

Old_Salt Posted - Jun 05 2014 : 09:17:16
Jgsons2:

Good to hear your wife has been able to put that health concern into the past.

"We will be going around King island ..."

Dean Channel (North side of King I.) and Burke Channel (South side) offer some nice boating, as does the area around Denny I., where you can restock the necessities at New Bella Bella (Waglisla) and Shearwater. The water at New Bella Bella is good, but Shearwater is usually on a "boil water" advisory in the summer. I don't put Shearwater water in the tank.

The east/ west sides of Don Peninsula and east side of Campbell I. areas have some special places to see/boat as well.

Bryneldsen Bay, a little hidey-hole just south of Ram Bluff, at the N end of Labouchere Channel, is a handy stopover, at the E end of King I., and Codville Lagoon, Kisameet Bay, both off Fisher Channel,and Fougner Bay, at the W end of Burke Channel, are nice anchorages at the W side of King.

My favorite stopover, on Dean Channel, is Elcho Harbour, at the N end, off the mouth the creek, with the big "flowerbox" in sight. The scenery is "special".

If I can be of any help, let me know. Have a great trip, by car as well as boat.

OS

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com