BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 193 ]  [ Total: 195 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 1991 Carver rpm guages

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KEND Posted - Oct 27 2015 : 19:30:26
I am looking for 2 replacement 2 Carver brand or equal rpm guages for my 1991 33' aft cabin. The guages are cloudy and I understand they cannot be fixed. I believe they are teleflex but labeled carver. Anyone know where I could find new or used replacements ?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pdecat Posted - Oct 29 2015 : 09:44:34
If you decide to replace them You will need to use the same gauge or else change the sender to be compatible with the new gauge.
Nautiville Posted - Oct 29 2015 : 08:54:25
quote:
Originally posted by jtybt15

...why would you want to replace a like component that has proven it's failure.

yea, I would sure hate to think of having to go through this yet again 24 years from now.
jtybt15 Posted - Oct 28 2015 : 22:22:13
...why would you want to replace a like component that has proven it's failure.
KEND Posted - Oct 28 2015 : 17:44:33
I have not taken them out , but it was my understanding they could not be taken apart and fixed. The fogging is internal not on the outside.
sugilbert Posted - Oct 28 2015 : 15:40:15
Stay away from Faria, or you'll be doing the "Faria rap" in a few years.
cwms Posted - Oct 28 2015 : 12:11:42
Just buy any decent brand gauge that fits the hole. No reason it has to say Carver.
pdecat Posted - Oct 28 2015 : 09:58:05
hard to believe they cant be fixed. If they are plastic covers polishing like auto headlights should work. if moisture inside remove then and open and allow to dry.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com