BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 200 ]  [ Total: 207 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Removing little brushes from sliding window track

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DUSTCUTTER Posted - Aug 29 2016 : 08:29:28
How do you remove the little brushes that the sliding port and starboard windows are up against. Also where do you buy the brushes.

Ron
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DUSTCUTTER Posted - Sep 06 2016 : 19:16:51
Found sample on line. Posted on this discussion board. Removed windows to the outside. Used needle nose pliers to remove old weather strip. Cleaned all tracks. Replaced all weather strip in about 6 hours total time. Many thanks to all those who responded. 300 feet required.

Ron
DUSTCUTTER Posted - Sep 01 2016 : 07:31:44
In the next couple of weeks we will remove windows and screens. Pull out the old weatherstrip. Measure and order replacements. Great idea on cutting a slot in the track. Then insert weatherstrip. I will report back on how job went.

Ron
TJM Posted - Aug 31 2016 : 10:46:31
I agree, most of them are in a track on the aluminum end covers.
boatbum Posted - Aug 29 2016 : 11:11:20
If they are like Hatteras, you have to notch the track and slide them out. PITA.
pdecat Posted - Aug 29 2016 : 09:47:44
many types of these parts. Look here as a start:

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=boat%20sliding%20window%20parts

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.44 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com