BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: 56Fifth ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Well, in case you missed this story...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Reel Antsy Posted - Jan 17 2018 : 15:45:16
These folks are lucky to be alive...

https://nypost.com/2018/01/17/fisherman-sues-after-dramatic-boat-crash-caught-on-video/
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dkjbama Posted - Jan 25 2018 : 15:30:38
I nightfish for trohpy blue catfish during the summer. Distracted and BUI boaters are my biggest fear. A lot a jerks in go-fasts (not to mention the bass guys)come out and run the lake at 60-70mph in pitch black. I carry a spotlight as my only defense to attempt to light them up so they can see that I'm there.

Gotta hand it to that Weldbilt boat; took a hit like that and it's still floating and anchored up.
MichaelNJ Posted - Jan 18 2018 : 09:24:50
Reminder to wear life vests. Those three are lucky to be alive.
boatbum Posted - Jan 18 2018 : 07:30:58
quote:
Originally posted by 32carv

Every small boaters nightmare. Irresponsible boating at its best.
Jim

We were in a 37 Silverton sitting in Great South Bay just outside of Watch Hill when we were hit. Talk about inattention.

JimPend Posted - Jan 17 2018 : 21:38:05
Standard but wrong autopilot use, no one at helm. I've seen that many times on Lake Erie.
32carv Posted - Jan 17 2018 : 20:33:36
Every small boaters nightmare. Irresponsible boating at its best.
Jim
boatbum Posted - Jan 17 2018 : 20:01:20
I thought he was letting them off light with the amount. Having had a 32' express run over our transom I know exactly how they feel and we settled for physical damages to the boat.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com