BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 82 ]  [ Total: 82 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 New to forum - Just purchased a 2000 440 Trojan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonfraser Posted - Dec 04 2017 : 07:06:42
Hi all.

I've been reading through all of your threads and wanted to thank you all for the great information - it helped me to decide on my purchase. I just acquired a 2000 Carver Trojan 440 Express with a hardtop - currently located in Clearwater, FL.

While the previous owner took extremely good care of it, I do have a few projects planned in the coming year including some teak on the swim platform and cockpit. I look forward to any ideas and suggestions and will of course share my progress with any projects I tackle.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jonfraser Posted - Feb 15 2018 : 10:19:59
It's far enough away and heat rises - no heat issue. I did turn it around so I face the crowd sitting on the boat while I BBQ
Audrey II Posted - Feb 01 2018 : 01:16:44
I may have to do the same my only concern is the heat and prox to the rear sit? I do like the concept!
HOGAN Posted - Jan 29 2018 : 09:41:39
quote:
Originally posted by Audrey II

I haven't mounted my BBQ I just keep it near the helm on the passenger side then move to swim platform when I use it. It side on the upper platform and I stand on the lower one.
One of the others mounted his on a pole to the lower platform and another found an angle pole mount and installed it to the transom near the power cord it looks good if I was going to mount mine I would try to do something like this. You can try to reach out to him "Starry Night".

I got the same mount as Starry Night, will be installing it this winter.
Audrey II Posted - Jan 14 2018 : 21:50:43
Very nice!
jonfraser Posted - Jan 14 2018 : 08:35:49
I also replaced the table top upstairs -

jonfraser Posted - Jan 14 2018 : 08:30:55
Alright, first project is done. I had the couch re-upholstered and changed the table top to a wooden one made by a New England artist

Audrey II Posted - Dec 06 2017 : 08:35:12
I haven't mounted my BBQ I just keep it near the helm on the passenger side then move to swim platform when I use it. It side on the upper platform and I stand on the lower one.
One of the others mounted his on a pole to the lower platform and another found an angle pole mount and installed it to the transom near the power cord it looks good if I was going to mount mine I would try to do something like this. You can try to reach out to him "Starry Night".
As Hogan mentioned above there are 4 of us all on the same dock all different years all different but the same.
jonfraser Posted - Dec 05 2017 : 21:50:09
That's it! It's still in the same place right now - heading to Clearwater in a couple of weeks to move it. It is very clean and in amazing shape. The previous owner put a lot of work into it and it shows. I'm already set to replace the tables (both cockpit and cabin) with wood tops. Also adding a BBQ - not quite sure where to mount it yet. Does anyone have any ideas?
Audrey II Posted - Dec 04 2017 : 18:05:44
Welcome LOL I think I have a couple of pictures of your boat I saw it last year when I visited the area. We took a short boat ride/tour and passed your boat looked very clean from a distance!

Is this the boat???

[url=https://flic.kr/p/22bc2WH][/url]
HOGAN Posted - Dec 04 2017 : 10:20:56
Welcome, you will love the 440! We have four in our marina.

I would love to see pix of the hardtop.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com