BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 9 | Guests: 130 ]  [ Total: 139 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 LICC - Long Island Cruising Club
 Boat break ins

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Robski97 Posted - Jan 13 2018 : 15:03:03
Guys ,
heads up boats are getting hit in Lindenhurst. Appears to be a someone of small stature as the opening in the shrink wrap is very small ,

rob
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CurrentSea Posted - Apr 01 2018 : 20:22:00
AYC is loaded with Cameras as is Seaside and marine max.
Just a matter of time before they catch them
Last time we found the stolen goods on ebay and caught the guy.

We will get him!

littlebookworm Posted - Apr 01 2018 : 11:34:15
Years ago, when we had our boat in East Moriches, there was a major problem with boats being hit over the winter. The thieves were coming by boat at night. Our marina had over a dozen boats hit. One owner had his stash of 'mad money' (which his wife knew nothing about) stolen, over $10K. Worse than the the thefts of equipment, and money, was the damage caused to the boats' cabin and hatch doors. Police investigated but no one was caught. Hy
Seatracks Posted - Apr 01 2018 : 11:19:47
They have been hitting Lindenhurst (Neguntatogue Creek) for years, Marine Max, Seaside3 and the Anchorage. They come by land and sea. It is a free for all over there. Only safe place there is Rutherig's. They know better then to go in there.
JVM225 Posted - Mar 21 2018 : 14:37:41
quote:
Originally posted by CurrentSea

Just heard about another breakin over at Seaside Marine.
Someone is working our whole canal.

Hope they catch the bastard. People really suck.

Wonder if they are coming and going by boat.
If so, might be possible that a homeowner has a camera set up looking at the canal.
There are a couple who have cameras pointed at their boats and the water on my canal.
Hard to believe that the Anchorage isnít covered by WiFi cameras in this day and age.
Looking in to the best way to set up a camera on my dock this spring for just this reason.
Canít be a lot of boat traffic this time of year.
CurrentSea Posted - Mar 21 2018 : 12:57:13
Just heard about another breakin over at Seaside Marine.
Someone is working our whole canal.

Hope they catch the bastard. People really suck.

JVM225 Posted - Mar 19 2018 : 17:37:23
quote:

Time to invest in cameras and not bushes!

Smart move. Especially since they are so cheap now.
CurrentSea Posted - Mar 18 2018 : 20:08:52
Time to invest in cameras and not bushes!
HappyKamper Posted - Mar 18 2018 : 18:42:04
Apparently this was the third theft at AYC this year.
Robski97 Posted - Mar 18 2018 : 17:42:22
:(

CurrentSea Posted - Mar 17 2018 : 16:28:50
Just heard there was a breakin at AYC.
Over by F dock.
GPS and depth finder.

Sucks!
JVM225 Posted - Jan 27 2018 : 10:23:14
quote:

Haven't heard of anything at AYC

I was there yesterday, they do have some dock damage where ice eaters couldn't keep up and poles rose up.

There is also 1 sunken boat and one boat listing bad.

I really don't get people leaving their boats in the water.
Are the savings really worth the headache?
I didn't get an exact count but i saw like 15 boats in water.
Then there are like 30 boats not covered, no tarp, no wrap, nothing.

Staying in can have some real benefits, the least of which is saving a few bucks.
Some of the bigger boats on my canal stay in every year after winterizing, shrinkwraping, and dropping a bubbler in.
It gives them a real jump in the next season.
They come out in the late spring for a few days to do the bottom and wax the hull.
Itís a tough call.
Most of those guys live right there and see their boat everyday when they come out of their house.
Itís nice to stay plugged in all winter and have the ability to go in and hang out or putter around on the boat.
I kept my old boat up on my dock property and plugged in all winter and it was great to be able to hang out inside with an electric heater going and get things done and having access to my dock shed right there. I got a little spoiled.
My current boat wonít fit blocked up on the property and I donít have as much of that freedom in the boatyard where Iím at this winter. While I can plug in with about 150í of cord when I need to, it would be weird to be using their electric to run a heater. Especially when other boat owners need to use the outlet to do their days projects.
Iím up in the air about staying in next year, my big hesitation is that I live 7 miles away and Iíd want to check on it in the water everyday. Just not sure I can commit to doing that.
Robski97 Posted - Jan 26 2018 : 21:38:26
Was over on wellwood ...

Rob
CurrentSea Posted - Jan 14 2018 : 12:08:07
Haven't heard of anything at AYC

I was there yesterday, they do have some dock damage where ice eaters couldn't keep up and poles rose up.

There is also 1 sunken boat and one boat listing bad.

I really don't get people leaving their boats in the water.
Are the savings really worth the headache?
I didn't get an exact count but i saw like 15 boats in water.
Then there are like 30 boats not covered, no tarp, no wrap, nothing.

JVM225 Posted - Jan 14 2018 : 11:15:58
What part of Lindenhurst? My big boat is safe with Chuck over in LaSala in Copiague but Iíve got my kids 18í Bowrider on my property in Lindenhurst and the 22 footer we use for fishing on another property we have on the same canal.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com