BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 183 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: Jim_In_Calif ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 LICC - Long Island Cruising Club
 Expected launch date Vs actual launch date?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AF Posted - Mar 10 2019 : 15:50:11
Based on your past experiance, what were your actual launch dates versus your wishful launch dates? I know we are at the mercy of the weather and service contractors. I was shooting for April 1st but I don't want to get my Hope's up!
34   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Audrey II Posted - May 05 2019 : 21:55:21
Took me an hour at the height of rush hour on Friday but under 40 minutes to get home today in the rain no one was on the road. Not sure how many miles it. It used to take me between 20-25 minutes to get to Haverstraw marine where I was for about 10 years.
abalmuth Posted - May 05 2019 : 11:46:11
quote:
Originally posted by Audrey II

We had lunch at the crapshell across from the boat show. I didn't know about the test ride I may gone just for the ride!
Such a crappy weather day I came home to take care of a few much needed cores!

Dave, How long of a drive to the new Slip?

I have a 70-90Min ride to mine out east and its still worth it to me to cruise in a reality fresh area.
Audrey II Posted - May 05 2019 : 11:28:28
We had lunch at the crapshell across from the boat show. I didn't know about the test ride I may gone just for the ride!
Such a crappy weather day I came home to take care of a few much needed cores!
abalmuth Posted - May 03 2019 : 09:47:27
Dave
If your there tomorrow you may want to check out this?

https://www.boattest.com/view-news/6305
Audrey II Posted - May 03 2019 : 00:42:02
quote:
Originally posted by ChezBippy

quote:

Made our maiden voyage on Monday. Our boat is in it's new slip in Stamford. We are looking forward to exploring our environment! I hope everyone has a great safe season hope to see some of you out there.

Hi Audrey II ,

How is the harbor for transients? I know they did some building there, haven't been to the crab shell in 15 years. Was thinking of visiting this season, not sure what marina will give best access to new food and drink.
Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
g

No idea how they are for much I haven't even spent a night there. As for easy access to the restaurants unless you have a decent dink you would need to take a cab. There are closer docks to that area I spent a night near that area last year it was nice!
ChezBippy Posted - May 02 2019 : 13:45:45
quote:

Made our maiden voyage on Monday. Our boat is in it's new slip in Stamford. We are looking forward to exploring our environment! I hope everyone has a great safe season hope to see some of you out there.

Hi Audrey II ,

How is the harbor for transients? I know they did some building there, haven't been to the crab shell in 15 years. Was thinking of visiting this season, not sure what marina will give best access to new food and drink.
Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
g
littlebookworm Posted - May 02 2019 : 10:39:31
I can sit on the boat once it's in the water. Of course, I'm liable to find things to fix if I do! I'm hoping to go to the club to check on the work this morning. Unfortunately, pain level is still a little high so I'm waiting for call-back from doctor's office to see if I should get checked out. Doctor's office is out in Babylon, 55 miles away. Sounds ridiculous, I know, to be going to a doctor so far away. I have been seeing him for pain management for decades, one of the two doctors I still see even though we moved from Long Island to Westchester four years ago. His practice is opening an office nearby within the next 4 months, good for me and for him. He lives 3 miles from us and has been commuting to Long Island for about 30 years.
Audrey II Posted - May 02 2019 : 00:55:02
Hy hope you recover quickly! Do you need Dr clearance to sit on 6he book or to leave the dock?
littlebookworm Posted - May 01 2019 : 21:49:28
Boat is waxed and bottom is painted. Waiting for mechanic to take care of a few things with the goal to launch May 17. Beginning May 19, $10 per day land storage. I won't be able to go on the boat until some time at the end of May. Just had a spinal stimulator implanted yesterday to deal with my back pain. Need doctor's clearance before boating. Have a safe and fun season, all. Hy
Audrey II Posted - May 01 2019 : 08:29:52
JVM225 Posted - Apr 23 2019 : 19:17:38
quote:
Originally posted by AF

Well, unfortunately I'm coming up on 5 weeks that my boat has been at the yard. My mechanic is done with the work but the yard buried my boat and blocked a large boat in front of mine. So it's not getting launched until they move the other boat. I'm a paitiant guy but...

That sucks!
I come out late and promise the boatyard that Iíll go in early in exchange for a spot where Iím not blocked in.
Gets pretty cold cleaning and prepping in late November/December and prepping/polishing/waxing in March but itís worth it to get back to my dock in early April.
Havenít been away from the dock since I tied up there but at least Iíve been able to hang out and enjoy the boat.
AF Posted - Apr 23 2019 : 18:52:38
Well, unfortunately I'm coming up on 5 weeks that my boat has been at the yard. My mechanic is done with the work but the yard buried my boat and blocked a large boat in front of mine. So it's not getting launched until they move the other boat. I'm a paitiant guy but...
NY Weasel Posted - Apr 12 2019 : 20:40:36
I'm in, taking it home in the morning.
abalmuth Posted - Apr 12 2019 : 07:10:40
Just commissioned everything yesterday, maybe go for a sea trial this weekend? if not next weekend.
If everything is ok I'll move to summer slip
AF Posted - Apr 12 2019 : 05:51:14
Well, I was hoping for April 1 as I dropped my boat off to my mechanic March 23. 3 weeks later it's still at his yard so I'm coming up on 3 weeks in reality, maybe by the end of April!
CaptCrunch Posted - Apr 11 2019 : 22:31:41
Any good reliable detailer is booked at this point. Waves and wheels ous good in freeport but I'm sure booked for weeks
JVM225 Posted - Apr 11 2019 : 21:12:24
Wanted to be in before last weekend but lost some time replacing the boot stripe. Splashed yesterday.
kwmeyer13 Posted - Apr 02 2019 : 18:13:31
Looking to go in the last week of April. Shrink wrap is off, zincs are on, all the yard has to do is sand and paint the bottom. Does anyone have a line on a good, reasonable and reliable detailed? I usually do it myself but I thinking about farming it out. I am in Freeport if that makes a difference, thanks.
NY Weasel Posted - Mar 29 2019 : 19:49:29
Took the cover off last Sunday, hoping to wash and wax this weekend, if not, next weekend. Marina is definitely pushing me to be in sooner than later.
AF Posted - Mar 29 2019 : 06:38:47
I pulled my cover off two weeks ago and should splash on April 1. Although I'll be ready to head out my wife will probably say it's too cold to head out with me!
Audrey II Posted - Mar 29 2019 : 05:37:24
My cover is off the bottom is painted I will replace the zincs either today or tomorrow. This said I won't launch until late April I will be in Aruba for a week starting on the 19th. I don't want to launch then leave and worry about the boat in a new marina without friends to keep an eye on the boat.
littlebookworm Posted - Mar 28 2019 : 00:53:51
Don't know it triple posted. Hy
walterv Posted - Mar 27 2019 : 18:44:49
No hurry to launch, years ago I would be in by now. Then the boat sat because of the low tides and the cold. Now I play it by ear, or better said weather. 4-10 boat gets detailed, then I decide on launch. Once launched, I need to run that day to Riverhead.
littlebookworm Posted - Mar 27 2019 : 16:53:48
Pulling shrink wrap week of April 7; looking for launch the third week in May.
littlebookworm Posted - Mar 27 2019 : 16:53:48
littlebookworm Posted - Mar 27 2019 : 16:53:25
JVM225 Posted - Mar 17 2019 : 13:08:39
Got the shrinkwrap off today. Hopefully in by early April!
littlebookworm Posted - Mar 11 2019 : 22:35:26
Thanks all for you good wishes. This is an out-patient, quick surgery, and I tend to heal quickly. I've had knee replacements, cervical fusion, and about a dozen other surgeries, major and minor. This one should be relatively easy, except for the forced inactivity for a few weeks. It's surprising how many things we do each day which require bending, twisting, or lifting our arms above our heads. All those activities will have to be put on hold till the wires 'scar-tissue' in place. I guess hauling the anchor would be out also (just kidding). Hy
AF Posted - Mar 11 2019 : 17:31:53
Hy, hope you can recuperate fairly quickly after your procedure. A few years back I was laid up from June till September just waiting to get slotted in for a Knee replacement then 12 weeks after that recuperating. Good luck!
abalmuth Posted - Mar 11 2019 : 10:53:12
I had cervical disc work, which worked out very well, but have another disc poking a nerve sometimes- Neurosurgeon say my range of motion would suffer if he added more sheet metal- also have some lower lumbar issues. I use a Tens unit every so often and I get short-term relief from it. Also go into the hot tub a couple of time a day as long as itís above 20 degrees Ė just need to add a hot tub to the boat or marina!- Again good luck!
littlebookworm Posted - Mar 11 2019 : 10:22:46
Exactly. The trial unit worked, relieving much of the sensation of pain from my bad back. I have to wait for the end of April for the insert because I'll be out of the country before that and they don't want to do the procedure if I'm not in NY for the month afterwards. Bummer. Weather has finally started to improve so I can do some of the small things I have on my 'to do' list. Can't do any of the bigger stuff, like pulling the hot water heater/tank and repairing or replacing it. I guess no hot water again this season! Hy
abalmuth Posted - Mar 11 2019 : 00:37:20
Hy, good luck with the procedure, sounds like some sort of permanent TENS/Stim unit?
littlebookworm Posted - Mar 10 2019 : 19:29:00
I'm having a spinal procedure at the end of April so I'm hoping to launch by the end of May, if someone else does all the prep, a costly expenditure. I won't be able to bend or twist for two weeks or so and won't be able to do any work on the boat for two months. Even when using the boat, I'll have to be very careful. I'm having wires put in my spine attached to a 'spinal stimulator' (similar to a pacemaker) to block the pain. Hy
Robski97 Posted - Mar 10 2019 : 18:50:09
im a march guy.. Have to get in before all hell break loose !

Alittle snow on the canvas is no big deal .

Rob

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com