BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 208 ]  [ Total: 212 ]  [ Newest Member: Jim_In_Calif ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 LICC - Long Island Cruising Club
 NYC Transient Marinas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ChezBippy Posted - May 14 2019 : 17:00:07
Hi,

Considering doing a weekend trip to the city by boat for Memorial day. Would like to hear opinions on what the best options are. I know there are a few on the NJ side, a relatively new one in Brooklyn and the one at the Trade center. But, I have no idea what ones are any good. Main consideration would be access to the city with amenities(like a pool) being lower on the list of priorities.

Thanks,
gary
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pstew96 Posted - May 20 2019 : 12:13:30
North Cove Marina - Manhattan, I think I may have paid about $175. for that slip for a 25' boat, but I only stayed about 3 hours....
ChezBippy Posted - May 15 2019 : 10:40:29
Thanks all, this was the feedback I was looking for. I'll need take my chances on availability and wait until I have some visibility on the weather. The boat also has not seen any real use, this season, will be using this coming weekend as somewhat of a shake down.

JVM225 Posted - May 14 2019 : 19:45:04
+2 for Liberty Landing in jersey City.
Memorial Day will be crazy so you better book it now if you can.
Well protected, little to no bouncing, great views of the lower Manhattan skyline including the WTC, fuel onsite and if you donít want to go in to NYC itís a short Uber ride to Hoboken where there are lots of restaurants and bars.
Forget the light rail system. Itís a long walk from the Marina and takes forever to get anywhere. Uber is the way to go.
Havenít been to any restaurants in Jersey City but others have said there are some good ones.
The newer Marina in Brooklyn will have you rocking and rolling. Never stayed there myself, but was warned off by someone very familiar with it.
There is another Marine further north on the Jersey side but youíd be bounced around in there too.
BillyK Posted - May 14 2019 : 19:43:58

Anything other then Liberty Landing is a tough time to spend on the boat. Not sure what you are looking to do, but Tarrytown has a couple of marina's that are much more comfortable.

Billy K.

CurrentSea Posted - May 14 2019 : 19:35:08
brooklyn one marina is across from NYC.
Here it can get rocky in there though.

boatbum Posted - May 14 2019 : 18:48:46
+1 On Liberty Landing.
abalmuth Posted - May 14 2019 : 18:01:28
Liberty Landing in Jersey city, water taxi's to multiple docks in NYC
Nice Restaurant & little to no rocking from river traffic
there is North Cove at the world financial center but unless your 100'+ the rocking is really bad

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com