BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 199 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: Jim_In_Calif ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 LICC - Long Island Cruising Club
 Hypalon RIB Repair

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bmac Posted - May 12 2019 : 16:04:25
I inadvertently punctured the tube under the bow light on my Walker Bay RIB and need to have it repaired. The tube needs to be released from the fiberglass bow structure to get to the puncture. Any recommendations for a shop that does this work? I am already familiar with Port Inflatables and it may wind up there if there are no real alternatives.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smitty477 Posted - May 19 2019 : 15:38:15
FWIW - we have had perfect results doing all of our own inflatable/RIB tube repairs over maybe 12 different boats from 8' to 24'.
Take you time and just follow directions and its not really that complicated at all.
b_arrington Posted - May 17 2019 : 13:40:03
quote:
Originally posted by bmac

The only other inflatable dealer on LI that I'm aware of is Buster's and I'm not sure of their repair skills. I spoke to Jay at Port last Saturday and after looking at pictures of the punctured area he told me how he would proceed with the repair. Though the repair is straightforward, access is a little complicated, so I will leave it to him. Only problem is he can't get to it until after July 4th. Not much I can do about that. At least I'm confident it will be repaired by him properly.

When I was at Port Inflatables last week they had a bunch of repairs waiting for the weather to dry up. The are backed up because the glue is very sensitive to humidity and won't make a good repair if it's humid out. With all this rain they haven't been able to make the repairs.
bmac Posted - May 16 2019 : 14:38:58
quote:
Originally posted by b_arrington

I don't know of other inflatable boat dealer other than Port Inflatables. If the repair is possible I'm sure they could do it. They are not inexpensive, but Jay knows what he's doing. He's also pretty straight forward about telling it like it is.

The only other inflatable dealer on LI that I'm aware of is Buster's and I'm not sure of their repair skills. I spoke to Jay at Port last Saturday and after looking at pictures of the punctured area he told me how he would proceed with the repair. Though the repair is straightforward, access is a little complicated, so I will leave it to him. Only problem is he can't get to it until after July 4th. Not much I can do about that. At least I'm confident it will be repaired by him properly.
b_arrington Posted - May 15 2019 : 15:01:18
I don't know of other inflatable boat dealer other than Port Inflatables. If the repair is possible I'm sure they could do it. They are not inexpensive, but Jay knows what he's doing. He's also pretty straight forward about telling it like it is.
PascalG Posted - May 13 2019 : 19:05:03
I donít understand how you can puncture the tube but yet can not get to that spot to patch it?
bmac Posted - May 13 2019 : 18:11:05
quote:
Originally posted by smitty477

Walker Bay RIB tube removal and tube repair procedure is here:

https://walkerbay.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Assembly-Instructions-Rid-310.pdf

That's a Walker Bay RID not RIB. Not sure what an RID is but that's nothing like my 390 Generation. I can see what needs to be done, I'm just very reluctant to do it myself. Thanks anyway.
bmac Posted - May 13 2019 : 18:09:05
quote:
Originally posted by Audrey II

Depending on the age you may want to consider ordering a replacement tube being they have to remove it. It would really suck if the repair doesn't hold after this much work!

The dink is 9 years old but it's kept under cover 95% of the time so the tubes are in good shape. I agree, though, it would suck if i spend $600 on this repair and then need to do a full replacement.
bmac Posted - May 13 2019 : 18:06:58
quote:
Originally posted by abalmuth

http://www.portinflatables.com/
In port Jeff

Thanks, I'm already familiar with Port Inflatable. If I don't find any alternatives it will go there.
smitty477 Posted - May 13 2019 : 13:08:29
Walker Bay RIB tube removal and tube repair procedure is here:

https://walkerbay.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Assembly-Instructions-Rid-310.pdf
abalmuth Posted - May 13 2019 : 01:56:53
http://www.portinflatables.com/
In port Jeff
Audrey II Posted - May 12 2019 : 21:45:48
Depending on the age you may want to consider ordering a replacement tube being they have to remove it. It would really suck if the repair doesn't hold after this much work!

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com