BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 177 ]  [ Total: 178 ]  [ Newest Member: DonnaB ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 280 cxi 4.3's or 5.0's?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bdshea Posted - Aug 27 2008 : 10:13:45
Considering on buying a 280 cxi local dealer said wont be happy with 4.3's. Just wondering?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bdshea Posted - Sep 01 2008 : 21:52:38
Thanks for your information.
Sun Gauds Posted - Aug 27 2008 : 14:46:45
I have a 2005 CXI with the Volvo Penta 4.3L. Plenty of power with my normal load ( 2 adults/2 kids) and the usual load of supplies, full water and fuel tanks. Can be sluggish getting on plane if you have 7/8 adults on board and most are sitting/standing in the cockpit area. In that case, I usually redistribute the weight by asking a couple to go below and forward and a couple of others to move closer to the helm area. Then the boat gets on plane fine. (Note: You must develop a tactful way to request guests to redistribute the weight. From experience I recommend that you don't mention the word "weight," in any context that is subject to interpretation, to any women on board).
RamSport47 Posted - Aug 27 2008 : 11:10:49
280 CXi's were only available with 4.3s...now if it's a 2870/2875 (pre 2004) then I think you could get 5.0s
Good Grief Posted - Aug 27 2008 : 10:38:52
a friend has a Chapparal 280 w/ 4.3's; he says it runs just fine - - and he's lovin' the 6-8 ghp (combined) !!!!

$0.02.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com