BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 138 ]  [ Total: 142 ]  [ Newest Member: Bumpo64 ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Sailing and Sailboats
 Ebon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Peleka7 Posted - Jun 16 2009 : 04:02:58
It's a place where they get a visitor every 5 to 20 years. A small atoll in the Marshalls, a beautiful anchorage, turtles as large as a caddy, traditional outrigger sailing canoes and a warm and friendly people.
It's about 250 miles from Majuro (Marshall Islands), 250 miles from Tarawa (Kiribati), 250 miles from Kosrae (Micronesia), and 100 that distance from the 21st century.
There are no stores, cars, or running water. Electricity hasn't been discovered yet, but nor has crime and stress. The people know about the USA but not the problems with the economy or politics. It's close to paradise.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AMY rb2@gr5t C-MAP Posted - Aug 10 2009 : 16:13:48
wow.
Radioactive Posted - Aug 03 2009 : 02:40:40
per Wikipedia, the population of Ebon Atoll is 741, and the area of the central lagoon os about 40 sq mi. Total landmass is about 2 1/4 sq mi.

Roughly 04 30 N 168 42 E

It looks like TD Lana will pass to the north of the atoll...
Thudpucker Posted - Aug 03 2009 : 01:46:18
Did we ever see a picture of Peleka's boat?
I think back to my troop ship days, and wonder if there is a Sail boat big enough to go where Peleka's going?

saltysam Posted - Jul 18 2009 : 13:18:35
Many Thanks for thinking of us and allowing us to have a glimpse of that wonderful voyage. Please tell us more!
Shadowcruzr Posted - Jul 15 2009 : 07:54:30
How about some pictures!!!
Thudpucker Posted - Jul 15 2009 : 00:02:47
Peleka is doing research on a phenomenon known as "Polynesian Paralysis"!
Hes only part of a lifetime into a lifetime labor of love.
I read his posts and wonder if I ever went looking for what he's found?

Radioactive Posted - Jun 16 2009 : 21:35:08
I wish I were there...

solar Posted - Jun 16 2009 : 20:09:07
Glad to hear from you Peleka7.
God bless.
OldMariner32 Posted - Jun 16 2009 : 07:17:42
quote:
It's close to paradise. Originally posted by Peleka7

My charts must be wrong. You say Ebon is close to Paradise, but it looks to me to be quite far from Hawaii.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com