BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 181 ]  [ Newest Member: DonnaB ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 LCD TV MOUNTING

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blue horizon Posted - May 16 2009 : 17:43:07
i HAVE A 2005 280 cxi and am about to add a new LCD tv. I would like to put it roughly into the same area as the current model but also keep it safe. Whats the best mount to use? Any other ideas?

Mike
Blue Horizon
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sun Gauds Posted - Aug 01 2009 : 05:51:01
Thanks Mike!
blue horizon Posted - Jun 21 2009 : 19:18:38
quote:
Originally posted by blue horizon

Ok Joe. Just getting started I'll let you know what I find out!

Joe I ended up putting in a new 19 inch Toshiba lcd/dvd combo. I think the model is 19v 505. I mounted it with the standard stand that came with the tv. I put industrial strength velcro across the bottom of the front half of the stand. I then used an appropriate wood srcrew that I put through a mounting hole in the rear of the stand. Under the stand there is a mounting strip with screw holes in it that you can extend out behind the stand to further secure the TV. I put 3 of the screws that Cruiser's used on the old TV through the holes and the setup appears to be rock solid! By the way I put it almost in the exact spot the old TV was in but maybe just a little farther back. One other note. You will want to do this on a calm day because you need to set up the TV and then figure out the exact location for it by making sure you can see it well from all angles in the salon before you start drilling holes and putting in screws! Good luck!
blue horizon Posted - May 17 2009 : 18:03:23
Ok Joe. Just getting started I'll let you know what I find out!
Sun Gauds Posted - May 17 2009 : 12:13:33
I'm going to work on this same project later this season (same boat as you). I've been looking at ArmorMount and VideoMountStore (both websites) for ideas. Just haven't had the time. Let me know what you decide. It's a small area and only so many ways to mount the TV. Please let me know what you decide. Good luck.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com