BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 197 ]  [ Total: 203 ]  [ Newest Member: Tolly34ss ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Sailing and Sailboats
 AMERICA'S CUP WINNER

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
saltysam Posted - Feb 14 2010 : 12:11:37
VALENCIA, Spain Larry Ellison's space-age trimaran BMW Oracle has won back the America's Cup for the United States by speeding across the Mediterranean to rout two-time defending champion Alinghi of Switzerland for a two-race sweep.

The 65-year-old software tycoon was onboard his incredibly fast craft Sunday.

Alinghi raised a red protest flag on its giant catamaran late on the first leg of the triangle course, but then dropped it after the race.

Ellison's victory over rival billionaire Ernesto Bertarelli sends the oldest trophy in international sports to San Francisco's Golden Gate Yacht Club.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gaineso Posted - Feb 14 2010 : 19:50:16
I can picture a J-Boat race being canceled because the breeze was UNDER 15 knots And the seas UNDER 3 feet
Robbins29 Posted - Feb 14 2010 : 17:37:02
Can you feature a J Boat race being cancelled because the breeze was over 15 kt and the seas were over 3 feet?
KiDa Posted - Feb 14 2010 : 17:00:34
It's almost as if the cup has come full circle.
pdecat Posted - Feb 14 2010 : 16:04:04
Bill:
you would love the J boats that preceded the 12s

http://www.jclassyachts.com/
Veg Posted - Feb 14 2010 : 15:39:03

+1 Bill. And I'm in my thirties. LOL

saltysam Posted - Feb 14 2010 : 15:20:13
So tell me I am an old fart--I still yearn for the 12-meter boats. True beauty under sail.
Radioactive Posted - Feb 14 2010 : 12:29:00
USA17 was clocked at over 30 kts during the 3rd leg...

One heck of a race and while ( for true believers ) the result was predictable, it was well played and beautiful to see.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com