BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 59 ]  [ Total: 66 ]  [ Newest Member: dentray ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Wellcraft Owners
 Boat compound/waxing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PAPI Posted - Aug 13 2010 : 10:58:03

I need to have my Wellcraft Portofino all shined up, the gelcoat is faded and needs a good rubbing compound and wax.

I am going to hire some Mexican dock hands but before I do what is the best product to use and will it REALLY make the boat shine like new.

Randy

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PAPI Posted - Oct 21 2010 : 21:06:03

Nice Port Vault!

I think the Portofino is one awesome deal in this Market......I love mine!
tgotch64 Posted - Oct 15 2010 : 16:17:14
The Vault. I love your boat. Did you do the dash? What did you use for the base?
The Vault Posted - Sep 07 2010 : 12:34:19
http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/mph1525/?action=view¤t=P6130293.jpg
The Vault Posted - Sep 07 2010 : 12:11:53
I have one also that I want rubbed out or painted.
Did you have it done or do it yourself?
PAPI Posted - Sep 04 2010 : 22:17:18

My stripes have been removed. I only have the painted ones now. I also painted/Awlgrip my swim platform a light sand color, it turned out really awesome!

The Boat looks new!

KiDa Posted - Aug 30 2010 : 09:05:27
quote:
Originally posted by PAPI

Finished!

About a week of work! She looks awesome!

Waxed it too, and rewashed the boat several times in between coats.

Cheers!

when you buffed, did the compound affect your stripes?
PAPI Posted - Aug 29 2010 : 21:49:44
Finished!

About a week of work! She looks awesome!

Waxed it too, and rewashed the boat several times in between coats.

Cheers!
TJ7777 Posted - Aug 25 2010 : 20:50:57
McGuire has a new product called: "Ultimate Compound" This works great by hand or with orbital buffer. Make sure you wax afterwords.
mandm1200 Posted - Aug 13 2010 : 17:26:21
Depending on how bad it is faded, don't expect miracles. A decent buffing with a product like Buff Magic will make a big difference. The problem may be that the shine may not last a full season; perhaps only a few months. The next go round should last longer.
My boat sat for 4 years due to marital issuses. Now, after 4 years of shining it up, I can get a full season without it dulling up over the boating season. Each year the shine got better and lasted longer. I am now at the point where only a fine compound is needed.
Shadowcruzr Posted - Aug 13 2010 : 13:19:19
I like TRE-Wax for compunding and Finesse-It for for polishing. Collonite works good for a wax.
cwms Posted - Aug 13 2010 : 13:02:18
You might want to ask on the marine detailing forum. Lots of guys there with lots of experience to give you advice

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com