BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 178 ]  [ Total: 182 ]  [ Newest Member: colrhino ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Silverton Owners
 Cup holders.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jacko Posted - Feb 03 2011 : 21:28:28
The plastic inserts on the bridge of the 351. I am assuming I need to go to the factory to get them? There are a few that are broken and need replacement.

Suggestions?

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jacko Posted - May 01 2011 : 20:35:33
13? Dam! I only have 5. I need more though.
WALSHIE Posted - May 01 2011 : 09:22:56
I see this thread is very old but I am just seeing it now. I went through this when I picked up my boat. I upgraded to stainless steel. I ended up buying two hole saws. One that fit the new cup holder, one for the old. I setup the new hole saw first then threaded the old onto the shaft. The old protruded enough to work as a guide for the new hole saw which did the cutting. It was dead simple after I figured this out with the help of .... boatered. Ordered new SS cup holders from Boatfix...all THIRTEEN OF THEM on the bridge.
KiDa Posted - Feb 08 2011 : 10:20:11
.....I used to have....

Whoops!

Effing Evelyn Wood ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Just damn!
Gregory S Posted - Feb 08 2011 : 09:13:01
sold that boat 10 years ago David.
KiDa Posted - Feb 07 2011 : 14:33:02
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory S

Speaking of cup ho;ders. I had to remov some from the 310 I used to have. Had a hard time getting them loose. Found that they all were connected together by drain hose so that the liquid that always ends up in the bottom had somewhere to go. Talk about overkill!

Just an FYI. I had the same with my Regal. BUT over time the line streched and formed a small trap. There was not a constant drop in the line. ARRRRGH. Something to keep an eye on.
winters remedy Posted - Feb 07 2011 : 12:21:45
I don't remember off hand, but not bad. If I recall they were not any more than anyone else. But they are an odd size that's why I got them from silverton.
Gregory S Posted - Feb 06 2011 : 10:25:12
Speaking of cup ho;ders. I had to remov some from the 310 I used to have. Had a hard time getting them loose. Found that they all were connected together by drain hose so that the liquid that always ends up in the bottom had somewhere to go. Talk about overkill!
jacko Posted - Feb 05 2011 : 07:59:19
cool!
MikeeH Posted - Feb 04 2011 : 15:07:50
winters... what did Silverton charge for them?
winters remedy Posted - Feb 04 2011 : 14:49:02
I needed them for my boat and went right to Silverton parts, had them in a couple of days.
MikeeH Posted - Feb 04 2011 : 11:35:04
I'm pretty sure I bought them from BoatFix. They fit perfectly in my 351. I'll see if I can find the part number.

Got it. BoatFix Page 467, Order Number SDG588061N, $1.62 each. Requires 3 3/4" hole.
http://www.boatfix.com/bykeywordnew2.asp?textfield=SDG588061N&texttype=2&submit=Search
bobalong Posted - Feb 04 2011 : 09:55:21
My Chris Craft cup holders were shot. The sun had destroyed the plastic. I contacted every e bay, boatfix, WM, Overton's place I could think of and couldn't find holders small enought to fit. Even contacted some older Chris Craft dealers looking for help, NOS maybe, they were no help either. Finally found SS holders on e bay. They were made to fit a poker table !!
PeteMrrs Posted - Feb 04 2011 : 08:52:29
I have the same issue with my 310 Express Cruiser. I have bought a number of different replacement inserts from both Boatfix and West Marine. None of which fit a Silverton. Some are to small for the opening, most are way to big and require cutting my fiberglass which I will not do.

Time to contact Silverton.
RamSport47 Posted - Feb 04 2011 : 07:20:55
Try any number of marine retailers as these are not specific to Silverton. Try West, Boatfix, Cabela's...all should be able to help.

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.34 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com