BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 84 ]  [ Total: 86 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Licensing, Testing, Mandatory Education
 How to Avoid Accidents While Boating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Les Hall Posted - Jul 02 2014 : 09:52:43

How to Avoid Accidents While Boating

<
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Billylll Posted - Jul 02 2014 : 10:09:29
If you have an AP don't act like it's your watch. I can't tell you how many times I watch documentary UTube videos where the solo captain sets the AL (in the Delaware Bay) and lays down on the sofa watching TV! Is this stupid or is it me?
An AP will get you from one heading to another it is not to be used in place of a watch!
I'd post the UTube link here but I'd rather not identify the boat or captain (not a member of BE) but he's still incredibly stupid in my opinion.
Perhaps if your single handing out in the Ocean and need to take a quick leak only after verifying via Radar and looking 360 would I consider going below to the head.
Maybe even then I would do so at my own peril.
Bill

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com