BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 200 ]  [ Total: 206 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Sea Ray Owners
 Weep Holes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Smilie

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marvinsax Posted - Aug 24 2017 : 14:40:34
What is the best way to clear blocked weep holes on Sea Ray 300?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marvinsax Posted - Aug 31 2017 : 21:22:52
Thank you all for byour suggestions.
WALSHIE Posted - Aug 28 2017 : 10:53:16
such a generic question.... If you are talking about a floor drain to a through hull fitting, try a small plunger.
JHS3750 Posted - Aug 28 2017 : 01:59:53
If you're referring to the limber holes thru the stringers, etc that allow all compartment water to collect in bilge for bilge pump removal,
they are usually adequate size to ream out (gently to avoid gouging channel lining) with a screwdriver - maybe a Phillips -
or similar tool. Curvature of adjacent hull may make "angle" that prevents passing a long tool - then
bend a coat hanger or something similar to remove debris (often dropped screws, pieces of packaging, etc).
I doubt you can blow them out with air pressure if really blocked
Manufacturer usually can provide a diagram of locations, but you can feel them if out of sight or under bilge water
Hope this helps?
John
jtybt15 Posted - Aug 27 2017 : 07:14:43
Yeah, gotta know where. The only weep hole that comes to mind is the one on the engine circulating pump.
32carv Posted - Aug 24 2017 : 21:24:52
Where are the weep holes and what size? Blow them out with air compressor? Can of compressed air like the ones used to blow dust out of electronics? Water hose?
Jim

BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 1.88 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com