boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 160 ]  [ Total: 167 ]  [ Newest Member: jgs003 ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.
 four winns gas tank
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: #%*rb2@gr5t&$!^& jet ski Topic Next Topic: timing on a Mariner 30 two storke  

PBR Streetgang

RO# 21215

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  10:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might be purchasing some property on a lake that comes with a 19' four winns freedom I think it's a 1992.

should i be worried about running the boat with the new fuel mixture.

any help is appreciated.

Homeport:

LouC

RO# 10314

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  14:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an 88 200 Horizon. I've used the E10 fuel for about 3 seasons, the main thing is to make sure that the fuel filters are changed regularly. Most of them have a water seperating filter that needs to be changed at least once a season. The thing with ethanol is that it will clean whatever gunk was in the gas tank out of it, which can clog filters. The other issue with E10 is that the ethanol can absorb water and if it absorbs enough the water can seperate out and cause problems. You can remove the cover that is over the gas tank and remove the gas gauge sending unit and look in the tank, if there is water or crud in the bottom you can pump it out or have someone do it for you. BE CAREFUL AROUND GAS TANKS, even static electricity can ignite vapors. Other than some red crud in the bottom of the water seperating filter the first year, I have not had much in the way of ethanol related problems.

1988 Four Winns 200 Horizon 4.3 OMC Cobra
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Quadradrive II

Homeport: Long Island NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: #%*rb2@gr5t&$!^& jet ski Topic Next Topic: timing on a Mariner 30 two storke  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.64 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com