BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 95 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Marine Sanitation, Plumbing and the like.
 Toilet Seat Sizes (finding them at BoatFix)
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: hold n treat for vacuflush Topic Next Topic: Jabsco maint kit install?  

Vic Willman

RO# 3655

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  14:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a sort of disgruntled RO the other day who felt that we should "automatically know" what size toilet seat he needed. Many marine toilets can be ordered with one of two bowl and seat sizes. We don't know right off the bat, which size it is - it depends on what size was originally supplied with the head that's on the boat. Simply saying that you have a Crown Head or a PHII head, or any other model head for that matter, just isn't enough information to determine which seat is needed.

Here's the best way to tell which seat you need; do it before you call anyone to try and order:

Lift up the seat and look at the top opening of the toilet bowl. If it is perfectly round, it takes a Standard marine size seat (Raritan part # 1238A or equivalent). This is notably smaller than your toilet seat at home, and is not interchangeable with a household size toilet seat.

If the opening at the top of the bowl is oval-shaped, longer from front to rear than from side to side, it uses a Hi-Boy or household-size seat (Raritan part # 1245 or equivalent). This is the same size as a standard round-front household toilet seat. Those are the two sizes that have been used on most marine toilets through the years.

Raritan's "Atlantes Freedom" series is also available with an elongated bowl and seat, which is like the newer-style elongated home toilets, that sort of comes to a point in front, and requires a special elongated seat.

Standard marine size = much smaller than at home

Household Size (also sometimes called Hi-Boy) = standard (round front) household size.

The household size can be purchased many places, including BoatFix. But the standard marine size cannot. You must get it from BoatFix, from other marine stores, from certain RV dealerships, or directly from the factory - you won't find one at Wal-Mart.

-- The Head Master --

Edited by - Vic Willman on Sep 25 2008 16:43:01

Homeport: Millville, NJ

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  14:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vic
Some RO's just have big A$$'s and all seats will be small to them!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Homeport: Long Island, NY Go to Top of Page

Vic Willman

RO# 3655

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  15:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy,

-- The Head Master --

Homeport: Millville, NJ Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  14:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just recieved the marine size direct from the factory (couldn't find it on the Boat Fix site. Got in in two days... Andy, It fits!!!!

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page

Vic Willman

RO# 3655

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  20:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny, I couldn't find them on the BoatFix site either.

I'll talk to George about it.

-- The Head Master --

Tigress

RO# 16784

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  11:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just ordered a replacement from our marina, through Jabsco $53 for a toilet seat seems a bit much!I had to order it,could not find it anywhere else, qand was unable to go through supplier personally. They said it will take 10-14 days,now I'm wondering if it will fit,I just told them jabsco electric head.

Homeport: NJ Go to Top of Page

Vic Willman

RO# 3655

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  16:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny, I finally got around to talking to George about the seat issue. BoatFix does carry 'em, but they aren't very easy to find on the site. You have to know the part number, then enter the part number in the top Search box on the BoatFix home page.

Small, marine-size seat is part # 1238A (enter 1238A in the Search box) This will come up:

http://www.boatfix.com/bykeywordnew2.asp?textfield=1238A&texttype=2

The 1238A is available in White only.

Larger, household-size seat is part # 1245 (enter 1245 in the search Box). This will come up:

http://www.boatfix.com/bykeywordnew2.asp?textfield=1245&texttype=2

The 1245 seat is available in White (1245) or Almond - also called "bone" colors (1245A)

Note that the seats all include the actual seat, the lid, the hinges, and the mounting bolts. Also, if you've stood on it and cracked the lid (or the actual seat), you've gotta buy the whole assembly - ya can't get just one or the other part. Exception: you can buy replacement generic hinges for toilet seats, part # HINGES (enter HINGES in the search box). This will come up:

http://www.boatfix.com/bykeywordnew2.asp?textfield=HINGES&texttype=2

Or, rather than using the Search function, use the links above.

-- The Head Master --

Edited by - Vic Willman on Mar 14 2008 15:44:15

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  20:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll keep your links for thr future Vic, thanks! I have this thing about changing them frequently. Nothing like a new seat!!

Vic Willman

RO# 3655

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  08:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny, my "seat" is too big, I'd like to change mine, too - and get a new one, that's smaller!

-- The Head Master --

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  10:22:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Vic, smaller seats aren't always the best ones, especially on a bouncing boat!

mvmystery

RO# 31043

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  14:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any aftermarket seats for Vacuflush? I'd like to replace a couple of mine- but not at $60 buck a piece

MV Mystery
Trinidad & Tobago

Homeport: Trinidad & Tobago Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: hold n treat for vacuflush Topic Next Topic: Jabsco maint kit install?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.64 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com