BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 174 ]  [ Newest Member: Rleemorris ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Regal Owners
 rommer I found our old data, you owe me a beer !!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Waste and Fresh water indicators Topic Next Topic: Prop Engine Combinations 2150 LSC  

ajay

RO# 24047

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  18:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rommer, a few mins ago I just found you guys after some weeks of forum cold turkey ;)

I did some searching as I was pretty sure the web is archived by some nice companies,

please!!! find a way to take all the old data / categories and pull them into this forum!!!

look here for the old data (may 07 looks like the last backup so pretty recent) ...

http://web.archive.org/ (<--- Enter old site address once you access this link)

Thanks

Ajay

Edited by - rommer on Aug 07 2007 10:01:42

Homeport: UK

sugilbert

RO# 3854

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  19:31:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like we ALL owe you a beer! I think you'll be smashed for a year! THANKS!

Steve
"L'Chiam" 29' 2000 Regal Commodore 2660 (2765) T/4.3 Alphas

Homeport: Michigan City/South Bend, IN Go to Top of Page

Tanqueray

RO# 17091

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  13:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don"t own a Regal but can I help drink the Beer?

KALENA II

Homeport: New York Go to Top of Page

Leviathan1

RO# 12880

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  19:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just tried the link and it took me to the Sea R** site. Sorry, no beer

Joe and Debby
Edgewood, MD

Homeport: Edgewood, MD Go to Top of Page

regal980

RO# 28021

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  21:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it works. Data backed up to May 2, 2007.
Try this go to http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
Sherman, in the wayback space enter the old website address.

There is no place like home.

Edited by - rommer on Aug 07 2007 10:04:27

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Nouchka

RO# 26572

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  04:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm able to see topics from around Oct 2004 only...even if the main page states May 2007....Is there a way to see those most recent topics?

Joel and Carine
2004 Regal 2465
"Nouchka"
Volvo Penta 5.0GL DP
Port-Grimaud, France

(ex Spitfire)

Homeport: Port-Grimaud, Var Go to Top of Page

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  07:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread is not in keeping with our gracious new host's wishes to not promote competing Owner's sites. The wayback machine site has been around for a long time but doesn't really do a great job with database driven websites like forums. (Gets some stuff but not everything and is only as good as the last time it crawled the site it is trying to mirror.)

I'd like to move on from what was and I agree there is a lot of excellent information at the old place, using Les's bandwidth to promote it is just not fair.

I'm going to clean up the links above which are broken anyway and ask that we just let this go.

Ajay, you still get at least a six pack if our paths ever cross!

Boats, yup, 5 of em...
WLC - We love Champlin's!

Homeport: Liberty Landing Marina, NJ Go to Top of Page

Tanqueray

RO# 17091

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Beer for me?

KALENA II

Homeport: New York Go to Top of Page

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure, I just figured you would rather have Tanqueray!

Boats, yup, 5 of em...

ajay

RO# 24047

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  15:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rommer, whoes Les? the old forum owner? if so the wayback archive doesnt use any of his bandwidth (all references to original forum as disconnected in the archive)
I still believe its worth grabbing as many topics from the archive and copy into this forum, not suggesting its done manually. there must be some IT ppl on here with scripting experience?

the old forum contained so many problems/info on so many models etc it will take many years for us to populate this forum with the same level of experience. we will also have to go through the old questions again and again.

If you dont agree its worth it then can I suggest we at least add more catagories to this regal forum, ie repairs / model info / for sale etc etc?

Ajay

Homeport: UK Go to Top of Page

rommer

RO# 12280

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  16:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ajay

Les is our gracious new host who allows us to use a part of boatered for our "own" use. Is this place perfect? Nope, but it is sure better than the alternative right now. Can we make it better. Absolutely, just takes a little time. The old site was pretty dead the first few years I was there and there already is more activity here.

The wayback site only has stuff 2004 and earlier even thou it looks like it has more recent stuff. As you click the links you will see the wayback machine only archived the thread listings but not the threads themselves, (at least from what I can find). Good information but to be frank I'm not going to manually cut and paste those older posts. The good news is they will always be at the wayback site!

IMHO the biggest benefit of keeping the ROF here is the VAST additional knowledge base available to us. This has already been proved as respected RO's such as Pascal and others, non-Regal owners, have posted here to help us as follow boaters. We are already the number 3 boat owners forum on Boatered and I suspect will be number one before to long!

Many of the categories you are requesting already exist here for example the For Sale section. Does it not make more sense to offer a boat for sale to the widest possible audience?

I'm sure at some point someone or possibly even Regal will go out and try to restart a ROF, something I even considered as an ISP owner, but for the moment I believe this is best. And as long as Les will have us and foot the bill I'm more than willing to honor his request to focus on building this ROF and not promoting another competing one.

And please keep in mind, I'm only the moderator here because a number of people asked that I do it. ANYTIME people feel I'm overstepping my bounds or being too aggressive with my views or direction of this forum then PLEASE let me know. I'm human, I make mistakes.

Boats, yup, 5 of em...

regal292

RO# 27058

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  21:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rommer you are doing a great job in my opinion. I agree that there was a lot of good info on the old site but this just gives us a reason to repost and update our current home. As soon as the season wears down I'm sure we will all have plenty of time on our hands to get the ROF to number one.With time our new home can only get bigger and better.

Chris & Yolanda 1997 292 twin 5.7 volvos Mesa Az.

Homeport: Canyon Lake Az Go to Top of Page

Rugger8

RO# 24444

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  06:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a moment from my trip to Europe to read what's going on and thought I would put my 2 cents.

First, Rommer, I think we all agree that you are doing a great job! thanks for taking up the responsibility.

Ajay, we all agree that there was a lot of tremendous information at the old site, but it is time to move on. Even if we were able to get it all back, I don't know that we would legally have rights to the information. Which obviously, could result in legal action by the new owner versus boatered.

So, as rommer says, let's move on and make this site better than the older one!

Jeff
2006 Regal 3560
Dutchtown, NY

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

ajay

RO# 24047

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  08:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rugger8, where did u go in europe? to Cowes week?

Rommer is doing a good job, im not questioning that. I was merely making suggestions. If my posts seem agressive its not intended to ppl on here, just pee'd off about the old site which I used very often searching for previous issues.

Ive moved on, and ive got bigger problems now! Yesterday something went wrong with the leg, ill post another topic soon.

Homeport: UK Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Waste and Fresh water indicators Topic Next Topic: Prop Engine Combinations 2150 LSC  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.45 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com