BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 Marine Max is reading your posts!........
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Meridian and Marine Max Problems, anyone else? Topic Next Topic: Update on my repair.......  

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  18:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To All,
I got an interesting call today .
Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:21:58

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  18:57:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I've read about Marine Max, I would NEVER buy a boat from them.

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  20:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is ridiculous. It is only a company that refuses to make a wrong right that will reduce itself to making claims of "taking things personally." I guess they may take it personally when you refuse to purchase another boat from them! I won't even go into the joke that was MM trying to broker my own boat and absolutely horrible way it was handled such that I had to terminate that brokerage and sold the boat on my own after wasted months with them.

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  21:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should be happy they are reading this, maybe they will get their sh-t together and be more responsive to their customers needs. I would say Marine Max has by far the most complaints of any other boat dealership I have ever read on the internet. Now granted, they are the largest so more complaints based on their size is not uncommon.

But with that said, when you read the customer complaints it shows the lack of respect and ability to step up to the plate and resolve the problem. IMHO, they have the FU attitude, like Verizon and many cable company's, the difference is they are not the only game on the block.

Walter

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  22:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HOGAN

From what I've read about Marine Max, I would NEVER buy a boat from them.

MMMMMM YUP Too late for me. The prix will never see the light of day in my wallet again. May they all rot in hell. As a former military officer, I placed my life on a persons word on more than one occasion. I have no room in my life for...no let me be clear...I hate liars.

NUFF SAID?

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

pw3258

RO# 12225

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  08:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time for a reality check here...do you honestly think the MarineMax brass are reading your posts or that your posts, calls, and letters are even being escalated to any level of authority that could actually do something for you? MarineMax is beholden to the stockholders and the way they increase share value is to sell more boats, once they have your money and the money from your lending institution it becomes your problem. MarineMax looks at your relationship as value, you have the most value to them when you are buying the boat which is \high profit margin/low overhead for them, once you take delivery your value plummets like a lead balloon since the most they will see from you is maintenance which is a low margin profit/high overhead for them. So complain to MarineMax all you want, be consoled by the customer service rep who has no authority to offer you anything more than a MarineMax t-shirt, hat or coffee mug, and enjoy the wonderful floating house at the dock you now own.

My suggestion would be to contact the boat manufacturer and let them know that #1 the boat they built for you has issues and what are they going to do about it and #2 they have a dealer (aka MarineMax) that does not want to help other than to offer you a t-shirt, hat or coffee mug.

Homeport: Bay Head, NJ Go to Top of Page

Bliss

RO# 2743

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  09:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About five years ago the owner of a new Maxum in our harbor had a hull failure. Stringer or somthing. After months of the usual he told me his wife was told by the dealer or Maxum to stop with the remarks or it would never be repaired. After about a year they got around to it. Same Brunswick food chain.

I'm sure that the mnftrs and dealers are aware of what is said on the web and elsewhere-doesn't change much.

Homeport: Reef Point Racine, WI Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  10:31:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pw3258,

OK, Let's check reality.

June 5, 1998. HZO appears. It closes at $13.75.
April 12, 2002 HZO Closes at $14.95

The stock had not seen $13.75 since June 5, 1998.

The stock peaked at 35.14 on July 22, 2005 and tanked on December 15, 2000 at $5.12.
=============================================================
From MOTLEY FOOL:

AS of July 27, 2007 (my insert here--yes old news but still noteworthy--end my insert)

"19% decline in per-share profits.

* Same-store sales? Down 9%.
* Total sales? Down 10%.
* Profits? Like I just said, those were down 19%, despite being buoyed by a $0.03 gain for hocking the corporate jet, $0.02 more from an insurance payout, and $0.18 more from a favorable tax settlement."
=========================================================

Considering the purchase of a boat is a disposable income thing, and the internet will allow me to shop globally from the comfort of my couch, if they are not looking at these comments, they should be.

I purchased my last three cars from CARMAX in Richmond, VA for several reasons. I refuse to take the depreciation hit on a new car. No pressure sales. Honesty. Free to choose from a variety of vehicles. If Marine Max were run like a Car Max I am sure many of the complaints we see here would not exist. Has CarMax had its' rough times. Sure they have. I saw it as an investor, never as a customer.

Marine Max needs to change its' business model and its' attitude if they intend to survive.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  10:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of you are missing the point all together.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:22:31

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

giolic

RO# 23638

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  12:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ocean Spray,

Find a better way to go about this. We all can comment but your boat is the one going in for service ?? They didn't roll out the red carpet for you they told you they were personally insulted..HINT HINT. Your warranty will end sooner or later then what ?

If you had a problem with your boss would you take this path and expect him to give you a promotion ? Nope ! You would loss the game.

Sorry to be the one the end the bashing but Your the one who will pay in the end so think about it.

Can I ask what you do for a living ?

Mark

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  15:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ocean Spray,

Does Marine Max HAVE to fix the boat? Are there other dealers in the area that could do the work? If not, it may be time to bring in the hired guns. Unfortunately, it comes to that sometimes. Have you contacted corporate? Is anything that has to be fixed a safety issue? If so, they are running the risk of more than a boat here. Don't tell the clowns in the service department to not take it personally. Marine Max pays them to fix boats. It's their job. They should take it personally, and should be proud of a job well done. It's what puts food on their table. It's called capitalism. Unless of course, they are being told to not fix your boat because of the cost of carrying a parts inventory.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  17:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,

I dont't think your analogy is accurate... an employer owes nothing to an employee excepts a paycheck for the work done.

when a builder and its dealer sell someone a boat, the customer is entitled to prompt and courteous service, especially on warranty items. When the boat is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and when the issues are numerous and fairly serious, they should be rolling out the red carpet, bend backward, and appologize profusely for the trouble !

why do boaters have expectations that are far lower than car buyers ?? if you had bought a $15k POS econobox, had an AC problem which the dealer coudlnt' fix, woudln't you be all over them ?

yeah they shoudl take it personally, as in we're taking it personally and are going to fix the problem for NOW.

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Homeport: Miami, FL Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  19:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,
Maybe you havent read all of my posts .

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:23:15

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  19:28:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kida
According to Meridian, I must use Marine Max as the servicing dealer.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:23:59

giolic

RO# 23638

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  19:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have bigger cahoons than I....;. Carry on

Edited by - giolic on Aug 09 2007 19:33:58

kindredspirits

RO# 27052

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  21:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any experience running a marine dealership but here is an interesting question for everyone. At a dealership that sells a product, parts, and service which do you think typically carries the highest margin? I'll give you a hint.....it is not the product(boat in this case). I'm curious if anyone has experience with a boat dealership that could verify that this is true in this environment also.

Homeport: Marblehead, Oh Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  21:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dealer typically discounts new boats well below what I've seen other dealers do. He tells me that he makes his money on parts and service. He's been in businesss about 50 years so it must be working for him.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

kindredspirits

RO# 27052

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  22:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep,
Typically the service dept. carries the highest margin. It seems Marine Max is having a hard time keeping there books in order; or they are struggling with the same problem every other industry faces.....lack of qualified techs to work on the crap they have produced. How you handle this technician shortage determines what kind of dealership you become.

Homeport: Marblehead, Oh Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  22:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Spray

Kida
According to Meridian, I must use Marine Max as the servicing dealer....

WTF? Why? That's akin to saying if you bought a Honda in Chicago and got transferred to Atlanta, you have to use Chicago to get your Honda serviced. The dealer should be a moot issue.

You bought a Meridian from Marine Max. You did not buy a Marine Max Meridian.

Makes no sense to me at all.

I do indeed hope your wallet is as large as your cahonies.

Good luck regardless.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

wrkalot

RO# 7818

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  12:39:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's a logistics thing... I would imagine that the next nearest Meridian dealer is hundreds of miles away. He wanted to take it to a local, non-Meridian shop for some of the repairs.

2004 Meridian 411 "YOLO"
Fuzzy boat math: Model Name 411, Hull Length 43, LOA 46

Homeport: Kent Island, MD Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  13:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very often dealers don't like to service boats they havent sold. They may not officially turn them away, but they go at the bottom of the list... many have reported this issue in the past here, buying a boat somewhere and then having a hard time getting it serviced back home.

doesn't make much sense.

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  13:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"doesn't make much sense."

Pascal, I don't think it makes ANY sense.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

DeeRow

RO# 16141

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  13:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Spray

...My boat is scheduled to go back in there facility next week for the week to be bottom painted and have other things repaired....

If you are unhappy with the service that you are getting, why are you having them paint the bottom?

I would have them fix your warranty problems first. Once this done, you can decide whether you want to spend your maintence dollars with them. Bottom paint is not something that needs to be done by the dealer to maintain your warranty on the boat. IF they need to haul the boat to fix your warranty issues and they will not charge you for the haul out, then I might consider having them paint the bottom (since this work will be provided at a discount).

There is one advantage to buying older boats, you are not tied to a maintenance shop. You just fix it yourself or hire someone who will do the job. If you have a bad experience, hire someone else.

Mark

Homeport: Palm City, FL Go to Top of Page

PascalG

RO# 12212

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  13:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mark, they're fixing his botched bottom paint job under warranty...

Pascal
1970 Hatteras 53 MY
26' Starfish sloop
12' Westphal Catboat
16' Hobie Cat
13' Sandbarhopper

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  14:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Charge, thats why I am going there. I asked Meridian about going somewhere else and they will only pay as much as Marine Max quoted them for the bottom job. Other shops in the area were twice as much for the same job. So they say.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:24:46

giolic

RO# 23638

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  14:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine shrank from being in corporate America

tickettoparadise

RO# 27862

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  22:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read the many comments on here. Ocean Spray is right and what he writes is a mirror of the experience we have had on our Meridian 411. Meridian has been great. They've done everything they can in a timely bases for us. The problem all is within Marine Max.

For the person who wrote the idea that warranty ends soon. Your not looking at this correctly. Meridian has approved anything we have thrown at them. There are the ones backing the warranty. The problem is MARINE MAX. Which is stupid on their part. This is FREE MONEY on their part. All they have to do is actually show up and perform the work and Meridian pays them to do it.. But here we are again.. we have Sarasota now starting to drop the ball on simple warranty issue just like Destin office did when we were over there. I just found out tonight that the service guy Mike is no longer at Sarasota which probably explains why it has been a month and a few simple warranty items that would take 2 hours to complete haven't been done.

In our marina ( Riviera Dune s ) Marine Max rep is mud. Both in the service and sales end. I've talked to two people this week that backed out of deals with Marine Max. One was a Sundancer 48 deal because of problems. Marine Max need to understand that buyers like me who spend $450K on a boat don't expect to wait 4 weeks to get small warranty items fixed on a boat. We expect a higher level of service than that. We also expect a higher level of knowledge from their sales staff. I wrote once before on this forum. We went down to the Sarasota office to look at a new larger boat than the 411. The salesman who I won't write his name just didn't have a clue. It's been over a month, he has our number, never called. It is just amazing the business that I see them loose in just our Marina alone. I know of 4 million in sales lost in our marina in just the 4 months we've had our boat here. If Marine Max is reading this. WAKE UP! No matter what your sales are, You guys are MISSING THE BOAT on what you could have.

Homeport: Bradenton, FL Go to Top of Page

giolic

RO# 23638

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  00:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote about being out of warranty soon and I think you somewhat missed my point.

I think one problem is people who buy half million dollar boats aren't even close to being on the high end of the yacht sales ladder depending on your region. Go buy a yacht of any real quality and size and your into a million real fast.

Anyone have a match :)

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  12:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Giolic,
You made an excellent point there.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:25:42

britchie

RO# 13731

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  10:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow boaters,

I am a Marinemax Customer (since 2006) and recently started working for them (July 2007) so I've seen things from both sides of the fence.

To say Marinemax service complaints are higher than other dealers is misleading. In order to fairly assess any companies service track record you need to take into account the number of service calls they handle to determine the percentage of complaints, not the net number.

Every dealer gets a few complaints now and then. But if one dealer services 100 customers and gets 10 complaint (10%) and another services 1000 customers and gets 20 complaints (2%), who has a better service record?

I know from personal experience that Marinemax sees through a problem until resolution. I may not have always been happy with a particular service call, but in the end the problem would always be resolved to my satisfaction.

Sometimes I wished an issue had been resolved sooner, but none the less, it was always resolved. On the one occastion when my boat was down, the response was immediate.

I also know that Marinemax/Surfside has hired additional service writers to facilitate timely responses. This says to me they are in touch with customer sentiment and take corrective measures when appropriate.

The subject of this post is "MM is reading your posts" I am by no means "corporate" or "management" reading the board. I am a fellow boat owner trying to make a career out of my passion.

Homeport: Mt Sinai, NY Go to Top of Page

giolic

RO# 23638

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  12:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once you make it work it takes away the passion..... Good luck !

Post some real numbers. 100/10 and 1000/20 more like 100/10 and 1000/101

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  13:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britchie

Hello fellow boaters,

I am a Marinemax Customer (since 2006) and recently started working for them (July 2007) so I've seen things from both sides of the fence.

To say Marinemax service complaints are higher than other dealers is misleading. In order to fairly assess any companies service track record you need to take into account the number of service calls they handle to determine the percentage of complaints, not the net number.

Every dealer gets a few complaints now and then. But if one dealer services 100 customers and gets 10 complaint (10%) and another services 1000 customers and gets 20 complaints (2%), who has a better service record?

I know from personal experience that Marinemax sees through a problem until resolution. I may not have always been happy with a particular service call, but in the end the problem would always be resolved to my satisfaction.

Sometimes I wished an issue had been resolved sooner, but none the less, it was always resolved. On the one occastion when my boat was down, the response was immediate.

I also know that Marinemax/Surfside has hired additional service writers to facilitate timely responses. This says to me they are in touch with customer sentiment and take corrective measures when appropriate.

The subject of this post is "MM is reading your posts" I am by no means "corporate" or "management" reading the board. I am a fellow boat owner trying to make a career out of my passion.

Hey Les,

I think BoaterEd needs a MarineMax liaison officer. I nominate britchie.

The duties as BoaterEd MarineMax Liaison Officer (BEMMLO) is to ascertain why so many negative comments and so few positive comments regarding MarineMax service are voiced on BoaterEd. The BEMMLO is to take these comments both positive and negative to the MarineMax Executive Board (MMEB) for public display, reproduction, and distribution of the positive (highly likely) and resolution of the negative (highly unl...well let's just see how that plays out).

You are allowed when approaching the MMEB to mention the passion for boating all BoaterEd Members have for boating as well as their occupations just so the MMEB is aware that we are not all morons. As best I can figure, the range of careers is as numerous and diverse as the number of stars in the universe. We have in no particular order: at least one orthopedic surgeon, a senior airline pilot, other surgeons, several computer wizards in both the hardware and software side of the industry, at least one lawyer, a few private pilots, some general practitioner physicians. I think we have a dentist or two, a few college professors, architects, many many self employed persons. We have cancer survivors, diabetics, alcoholics and we even have our own resident (Bajan)bum.

We are an opinionated lot who only want answers. As the BEMMLO, you will become, if the AYES have it....THE answer man.

You will be given a travel budget. You get $1000 to spread the word about the "MarineMax Experience" for every positive comment posted on BoaterEd about MarineMax sales and service. However, you owe Les $1000 for every negative comment posted on BoaterEd about the "MarineMax Experience". Sixty five cents of every dollar will go to a charity of Les's choice. Twenty five cents of every dollar will go to Les to do as he chooses. The other dime goes into a kitty to promote BoaterEd Member Activities.

If selected, we could start you in your new BEMMLO position with a retroactive date of August 7, 2007, however, that would be unfair to you as your travel budget would be in the hole about six grand.

Negative comments concerning MarineMax, that the BEMMLO will bring forth to the MMEB cannot be returned by the BEMMLO as unresolved, unresolvable, or with the comment MarineMax said BOHICA or F/O

All in favor say, "AYE"

All opposed say, "NO"

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

Edited by - KiDa on Sep 11 2007 13:06:00

britchie

RO# 13731

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  12:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very Funny David. We do need to discuss the pay scale you've laid out. You probably have no idea how little a boat salesman is paid, especially a beginner without a customer base. Anyway, I'll let my agent know you'll be in contact to discuss a deal with an opt-out clause.

I'm a baseball fan too ;)

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Sep 16 2007 :  21:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Britchie, you just had to know .

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:26:32

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  20:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Britchie,
At first glance I thought that maybe Ocean's post was a little tough, but after reading all his posts, I think he bit his tongue when he posted this and tried to not make it a personal attack on you.

I know your are new to Marine Max and maybe you can put him in touch with the proper people that can read this and resolve his problems.

Ocean,
In answer to your second question, I think it is LI, NY, and the dealership they just bought was Surfside 3.
In answer to your second question, leave your closest inlet, turn your boat to port and travel about 1400 miles. :)

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  21:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WalterV......No thanks, I am from Long Island! I would not go back for any reason at all, thats why I moved to Florida! To be warm!

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:27:15

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  21:24:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ocean Spray...talk to Meridian, see if they will pay a non dealer to fix thier (your) boat. We have been paid retail by Maxum, Formula and Tiara to fix boats that their repsective dealers in the area could not or would not fix.

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  22:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ocean Spray asked:

"Third, How do I get there from here?"

As they say in Maine...

You can't get theah from heah!!!

BTW britchie:

Did you know that MarineMax charges >$700 to document a boat? If one was to do it themselves, the cost is <$150. The answer when queried is 'It's the same for any boat we sell. That's how the contract reads. It is the same for a 65 Bertram or an 18 foot bowrider.'

FWIW britchie, as I was going through some trying times in my youth, my Dad always told me, "Son, you will be judged by the company you keep."

Have a great boating day.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  22:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ramsport47
I wish I could.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:27:55

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  23:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ocean Spray said:

"ever hear about there financing plans"...

oh yes...they charge at least $200 as a prepayment penalty. I called the lending institution as to that circumstance. The lending institution response "We charge nothing as a prepayment penalty, why do you ask?" Just MORE things that make you go HHHMMMMM.

To paraphrase Mr. Gump's associates; "RUN britchie, RUN!"

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

-- Me

britchie

RO# 13731

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  19:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know the actual costs to document a boat with the coast guard. If it is what you say then for some people the extra money is well spent for the convienence of not having to deal with the paperwork.

Most of the time its only the large boats that are documented. My feeling is that if you can afford 500K+ and up for a boat your time is valuable and probably worth more than the few hundred it costs to have someone else file the papers.

I would imagine you have a choice on whether or not you have MM file for you don't you?

Bliss

RO# 2743

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  07:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They will "insist". It is pure profit.

Homeport: Reef Point Racine, WI Go to Top of Page

ericboater

RO# 28802

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  11:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OceanSpray,
In case I missed your post, what are
specifically the problems you have had getting fixed? I assume / hope they have all been
addressed by now. Just curious about specifics.
Thanks, Eric

Homeport: Jersey Shore Go to Top of Page

ericboater

RO# 28802

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  11:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OceanSpray,
In case I missed your post, what are
specifically the problems you have had getting fixed? I assume / hope they have all been
addressed by now. Just curious about specifics.
Thanks, Eric

Homeport: Jersey Shore Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Meridian and Marine Max Problems, anyone else? Topic Next Topic: Update on my repair.......  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.56 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com