BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 3 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Chaparral Owners
 New Chaparral
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: chap 263 sunesta Topic Next Topic: What prop?  

patrickmorgan

RO# 24263

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  19:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Well I bought a Chaparral off of my Grandpa. It is not new but it is new for me. It is a 1996 Chaparral 1830 sst sport with 36hrs on it! When I got it it didn't run so I took apart the engine and found out that it had a cracked head. So I got some new heads and thought, while I have the engine apart, I should step up to a 600cfm 4bbr carb and intake manifold. The engine is a Merc 4.3L To make a long story short the boat will really go now. I was runnin around 55mph at 5200rpm at WOT. I have not made any carb adjustments yet, but not to bad so far. I just wanted to tell everyone what all was going on since I have been asking people questions about this boat since December.

Homeport:

TomKat

RO# 25229

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  10:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At 5200 rpm I hope you have changed to a roller cam,roller rockers and heavy duty valve springs. If not that whole setup will be toast in no time. Tom

Homeport: Menasha, Wisconsin Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: chap 263 sunesta Topic Next Topic: What prop?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.33 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com