BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 117 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 300/310 Express
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Offer accepted!!!!!!!!!!!The final offer is on the Topic Next Topic: balsa cored hulls  

JeffR

RO# 19718

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  17:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also posted this on the Cruiser Yachts Owners Club but thought this one might actually get more hits, and your input is appreciated.

I thought I posted this before but I can't find it, so....

What does everyone think of the 300/310 Express (not cxi)? I've not been on one, but it seems to fit our needs/wants well - cockpit layout (not the crescent layout, though), size, $$, etc. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that it has two fixed berths. I'd prefer not having the fixed berth in the aft. I realize that it is a discontinued model, and I'm okay with that. What kind of bothers me though is that it seems to be a, how should I say this, "blah" model that has fallen through the cracks in Cruisers lineup. I can't seem to get any solid feedback on it - good or bad - even from dealers. The response is typically something like, "it's been a decent boat for us." Whereas it seems that the older 3075 has quite a following. I'm not fond of the 3075 (just some personal preferences), so that's not an option for us. One other thing that I'm curious about is why Cruisers would have gone to a solid glass bottom on this model for '05 and '06, and then back to cored bottem for '07. Has that possibly had some impact on it's success? Although I would think that many of the people that had concerns regarding coring would have appreciated that change.

Anyway, kind of rambling now, but I'd appreciate any feedback - good and bad.

Homeport: Chicago, IL

JeffR

RO# 19718

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  08:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judging by the responses, I guess I was right....not too much interest in the 300/310.

Homeport: Chicago, IL Go to Top of Page

Mojito

RO# 28690

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may help:

http://www.boattest.com/oem/general-info.aspx?ID=732&lp_id=295

Mojito
08' Monterey 330 SY
Twin Volvo Penta, 5.7L EFI, GXi/DP 320HP
Herring Bay, MD

Homeport: Herring Bay, MD Go to Top of Page

Veg

RO# 20854

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  10:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think it was a very successful model, hence the short life span. When we were shopping, it came in third in our preferences. So if we couldn't have afforded the Doral or the Regal 3060, we probably would have ended up with the 300Express at that time. We didn't find much wrong with it, we just didn't find a whole lot to fall in love with about it.

If you're buying new, take a look a the new Monterey 330 (which Mojito owns). Frankly, since owning our boat, we rarely see any other boats in the class that we think is very nice. But the 330 was a huge exception for us, it's very well done and detailed.

2001 Tiara 2900 Open - "O Sole Mio" - Stillwater, MN

Edited by - Veg on Oct 12 2007 10:36:00

Homeport: Stillwater, MN Go to Top of Page

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  12:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a Cruisers Yachts dealer, I'm pretty sure it is still available as the 310 Express. It is replacing the 320 in their model line-up, as the 330 is replacing the 340. The 280 CXi is discontinued for 2008, but the new 300 CXi and 310 are still in the book.

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

JeffR

RO# 19718

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  17:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the responses. Ernesto, thanks again...you've responded to a couple of my threads regarding boat searches (3060 Regal was another), and provide good feedback.

Ramsport - you're a Cruisers dealer? I believe the 300/310 is discontinued and is not offered as a 2008 model - at least that's what the Cruisers rep has told me. They are continuing to offer the 300cxi, and are offering the new 330.

Homeport: Chicago, IL Go to Top of Page

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  18:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes...for a dealer in Cleveland. They've told us that the 280 was cancelled, and the 340 and 370, but said nothing to us about the 310. We haven't received the 2008 catalogs yet, so time will tell. We actually haven't sold a 300/310 yet, and found no reason to even order one, but we're getting another 330 (our first one sold on the first day of our boat show in september) and a 300CXI for our January boat show. I'll add to this post when I find out for sure if the 310 is a go or not.

P.S. I work in service, not sales (except at boat shows), so my knowledge may be lacking on the availability, but I try to keep up on it

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

Veg

RO# 20854

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  18:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's easy for me to figure out that the 310 is cancelled. It's not in the list of models in the new Cruisers advertisings in MotorBoating etc... You know, the new ad with wings that talks about transformation. They removed the 310, 340 and 370 from the list. I actually told Jason about it, he manages the owners forum for Cruisers, he was upset that I figured it out before he did! :-)

Type-A

RO# 24241

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  17:37:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey JeffR,
I'm not sure if you purchased one yet or if you are still looking but I wanted to let you know that we purchased one about 2 months ago. Great boat! She's a bit of a slug coming out of the hole but the layout is perfect for us. We fell in love with this boat 3 years (and 2 boats) ago. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Russ
Oshkosh, WI

2005 Cruisers Yachts 300 Express

Homeport: Oshkosh, WI Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  17:44:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you should by my 3470!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

PEteach

RO# 10328

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  16:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CurrentSea - I love your 3470 and have drooled over the photos often!! Unfortunately you are in NY and I in MN and that is a heck of a transport. There is one in IL that I have my eye on but it doesn't have the cherry cabinetry.

Homeport: Prescott, WI Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  16:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if the transport is as bad as you think.
I can make you a great deal since I am getting beat up pretty good on the trade in.
Let me know. The transport is just load and go, becuase it is an express.

It's a must have with the cherry cabinets. If I keep it I am gonna rip out the carpet and put in flexiteek.
Then the cabin will be mint.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

PEteach

RO# 10328

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  17:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was kind of looking for a freshwater boat and you think living in MN that wouldn't be too tough!! I guess the people that have them aren't selling!!

Veg

RO# 20854

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  17:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jen, don't let transport kill the deal. I've had both of my boats transported. So as of now I've paid to have a boat transported from FL to MN in 2007 and in 2008. I better not keep doing it EVERY year though, as it can get spendy that way.

Anyway, just a thought. Saltwater vs freshwater is overblown if the boat is well taken care of and freshwater cooled. Even more so if the risers/manifolds have already been replaced. Come take a look at my '01 Tiara this weekend, that just came from the salt, it has an unbelievable shine on the gelcoat and metals. Someone last weekend asked me if I had bought it new.

Edited by - Veg on Jul 10 2008 17:09:41

PEteach

RO# 10328

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  11:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good points Ernesto, it is a beautiful boat I would just need to get past the saltwater . . . . . Will try to stop by this weekend to take a peek at your boat and pick your brain a bit.

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  20:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 3470 is in salt, risers were replaced in 2006, not because it needed it but because my warranty was expiring and I had a little seepage from one gasket. Ever since then I flush the engines after every use. For a salt water kept boat I have no corrosion. I have double mercathode, extra zincs, and stay on top of the anti fouling paint.

If you want a sweet 3470, take a look. I would love to keep it, but can't own 2 boats and wife says go bigger!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Type-A

RO# 24241

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  07:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I would knock the dust off of this thread.
Hey JeffR,
We have had 3 seasons on our 2005 300 Express and still LOVE IT!
I put 12x18 (fin down) trim tabs on it - it came with 12x12 (fin down) tabs from the factory and this change took care of my hole-shot. The boat LOVES to cruise at 28-30mph and tops out at 42mph (with canvass up and 8 people on board). The boat rides smooth in rough water.
My ONLY complaint with this boat is the swimplatform depth - not a lot of room on it especially when you see the size of the platforms on the classic Cruisers. When Cruisers rebadged the 300 to the 310 it was because they made the swimplatform deeper (longer).

Russ
Oshkosh, WI

Audrey II

RO# 30499

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  08:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can add an extended platform as I did. I love having a patio on the back of the boat.

Dave

“Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.” – T.S. Elliotcommon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1996 440 Trojan Express

Homeport: Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Type-A

RO# 24241

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  08:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audrey II

You can add an extended platform as I did. I love having a patio on the back of the boat.

No you can't. I was working on that last year, put a lot of hours in and a lot of emails back n forth with the guys at swimplatforms.com . . .
I guess I should say yes you can add one but the lines won't flow well with the rest of the boat.

Russ
Oshkosh, WI

Previous Topic: Offer accepted!!!!!!!!!!!The final offer is on the Topic Next Topic: balsa cored hulls  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com