BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 1 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: bopper94 ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Chaparral Owners
 Plastic Bezels - wow!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Cockpit Heater Topic Next Topic: Metal Chaparral logo  

SPIKE

RO# 4024

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  12:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 2002 Signature is showing her age at 6 years of service. The speedo, tach, gas, and oil/water/volt/trim gauges have bezels that I thought were chrome. I removed them a few days ago to discover they are made of cheap plastic. I can't believe it - what a way to reduce production costs. They are severely pitted and the pseudo chrome is flaking off. The bezels could be separated from the gauges themselves with a bit of prodding. They were glued to the gauges. The idea was to get them them re-chromed - not now.

I also want to make a mahogany dash board. The metal one (pseudo mahogany) that was installed by Chaparral is also pitted - looks really bad. This will be easy since I have the metal one to use as a pattern. A nice winter project.

Do any of you guys/gals know where to locate chrome bezels to fit these gauges? I'm not sure I would want to go to the dealer for this.

2002 Chaparral Signature 260
1948 Chris Craft Deluxe~

Homeport: CT River

jbacchi

RO# 18970

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  10:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try contacting these guys http://www.eddiemarine.com

Homeport: Lake Conroe,Texas Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Cockpit Heater Topic Next Topic: Metal Chaparral logo  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page