boat-ed.com
BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 19 | Guests: 97 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: Logan ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.
 dash wiring diagram
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Holly 2 barrel rebuild? Topic Next Topic: Draining an engine for winter  

doug263

RO# 19599

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  21:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, it is me again. I have a 1988 sundancer 340; I changed my dash pannel today, and now my sync guage is not working. I must of wrote the wires down incorrectly. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the dash? It is not in the owners book. Once agin thanks in advance.
If it wasnt for beer, I would sell my boat!

Homeport: Wilmington, NC

Radioactive

RO# 3238

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  23:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such a thing does not commonly exist.

Often, if the mfgr adheres to the relevant ABYC code, then the ABYC color coding should keep you out of trouble. Sometimes a mfgr will print and deliver the "typical" diagram for that series of boats ( note: this -might- match your boat. Maybe not... )

Before you panic, maybe you got it right but messed up the grounds... check them first. And perhaps others can lead you to the ABYC color code chart.

--

FWIW: None of the "typical" diagrams that came with my boat matched my boat. I made my own. Some grumbling was involved.

Bill

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Bonzai
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame

Homeport: MS Gulf Coast Go to Top of Page

Sandy

RO# 1159

Posted - Dec 22 2007 :  23:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doug- I don't know the correct wiring for the synch ( though I'd suspect the tach feeds from each engine would have to be gray wires), but a quick Google search turned up an ebay-express listing (#280160280813) for 2 brand new old stock SeaRay synch gauges. If you were to contact the seller , perhaps you could get him/her to send you a copy of the wirng diagram?

Sandy

Homeport: The Vineyard Go to Top of Page

destin2

RO# 11748

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  09:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most boat builders use the standard engine builders wiring harness for the helm wiring. Thank goodness there is a standard marine wire color code, makes it easy. For a typical Mercruiser helm wiring diagram, download this:
http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Techbk/94/94hg4d.pdf

For a typical synchronizer, try this.
http://faria-instruments.com/site_manuals/IS0079D.pdf

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

doug263

RO# 19599

Posted - Dec 23 2007 :  23:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The RMP wiring may be off as well I looked at it today and the purple wire went to the sender screw. The diagram should help when I get back to the boat. I will get back to you. . . but in the mean time if anyone has a full dash wiring diagram let me know. Thanks

If it wasnt for beer, I would sell my boat!

Homeport: Wilmington, NC Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Holly 2 barrel rebuild? Topic Next Topic: Draining an engine for winter  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.73 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Shop BoatStore.net!     Shop for Toys & Games!    Shop for Housewares!

Boatered.com