BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: Heckjo ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Diving Discussions
 Looking for Herman's pappy
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Feb diving in the Keys Topic Next Topic: Anyone alive in here?  

lobsta1

RO# 1808

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  20:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted this a few years ago & thought I would again for the newcomers. Caught this one about 25 years ago & have been looking for his pappy ever since. (I know you can't take the big ones anymore) I just want to catch, get a foto & then release. The one in the pic (named him Herman) was 35" long. Don't know the weight as the scales only went to 20 lbs. He wouldn't fit in the scale basket, so I had to support his claws. He still bottomed out the scale with me holding up the claws. That is a 54 qt cooler he is on.

After all the pics were taken, we brought him to a deep water rocky area about a 2 miles off shore.

Al
1978 Bertram 33

Edited by - lobsta1 on Jan 08 2008 20:22:40

Homeport: Beverly,Ma

Flutterby

RO# 14378

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  21:50:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhhh, I just finished dinner, but that makes me drool for some good Maine lobster!!! Hmmmmm

Homeport: California Sierras/Gold Country Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Feb diving in the Keys Topic Next Topic: Anyone alive in here?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com