BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Bayliner, Maxum, Meridian Owners
 Northstar 6000i problem?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Here we go again! Engine or Transmission Problem ? Topic Next Topic: Let the countdown begin!  

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  20:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else who owns a 341 Meridian have problems with there Northstar System? I cant get the Smartcraft Display to work on my unit. I called Meridian and they said it should work as long as the Smartcraft Gateway is connected, and its there, I checked it. When I tell Marine Max, they say it just does not work unless you purchase a part for it, not true! Its plug and play system so it should work, I think that when the boat was set up, nothing was checked.Has anyone else had this problem?

MichaelNJ, I know yours works, what do you think?
Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida

Capt. Art

RO# 25924

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  22:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you called Northstar? I've called their Tech Help line once while I was underway and they are very helpful. Your 6000 unit will display the Tech number or I'll get it for you if you need it?

Homeport: Staten Island, NY Go to Top of Page

MichaelNJ

RO# 14778

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  22:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All your regular guages work right? Did you go through the configuration screens in the manual I sent you? It is definitely plug and play. Even if it's not configured correctly, you should get something. If all of your connectors are plugged in tight (they only go in one way and it doesn't matter which ports you use on the junction box) then it's most likely the SmartCraft gateway.

It's is totally covered under warranty so insist that MarineMax fix it. I would suggest replacing the gateway first. Then go from there. If the regular guages work then the problem is either a bad junction box, the one cable from the junction to the gateway, the gateway or the 6000i. Not likely to be the 6000i if the rest of the functions work.

You should go through the configuration steps in the manual first to make sure it is enabled.

2006 Meridian 341 Sedan Bridge
Obsession

Newport Yacht Club, Jersey City, NJ

Flotilla Commander USCG Auxiliary Flotilla 42 1SR

Homeport: Jersey City, NJ Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  15:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MichaelNJ,
Can you send them to me again? I a not sure I received anything from you before, I would appretiate it. I will try to configure them over the weekend, as far as Meridian told me , they should all work, and the Gateway is installed and plugged in. I noticed some stuff not plugged in, but I am not sure what they are. If I cant get it working, I am going to hire a boat electrician and have them fix it and send the bill off to Meridian.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

MichaelNJ

RO# 14778

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  17:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.northstarnav.com/upload/Northstar/Documents/6000i_6100i/GMSMCRT_Rev_A_NS6000i_Smartcraft_Manual-print.pdf

Obsession

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  10:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Michael, just from reading that, I have an idea whats wrong, my gateway is probably bad because my unit gets the "engine data stale" error messsage. I will call Meridian on Monday to see what they say.

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

MichaelNJ

RO# 14778

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  12:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's very easy to replace the gateway. Just two connections. Did you unplug and reconnect those two?

Obsession

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  22:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick follow up. It turned out to be the Gateway was bad and MM is replacing it as I type!

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

MichaelNJ

RO# 14778

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  11:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool. Please let me know if you can get water and holding tank levels on your 6000.

Obsession

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  13:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Spray

Quick follow up. It turned out to be the Gateway was bad and MM is replacing it as I type!

WOW. They are doing their EFFING JOB after you (assumption) tell them "When I tell Marine Max, they say it just does not work unless you purchase a part for it, not true! Its plug and play system so it should work,..".

Will wonders never cease.

I am truly amazed you haven't gone postal on these folks....or at least Sam Kennison on them.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  16:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL!

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Edited by - Ocean Spray on Jun 23 2011 21:04:54

Previous Topic: Here we go again! Engine or Transmission Problem ? Topic Next Topic: Let the countdown begin!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com