BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 6 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 221 ]  [ Newest Member: Jim_In_Calif ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Ask the Captain
 Favorite boating pictures
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dynatrail tires? Topic Next Topic: Breaking in a new engine
Page: of 2

248Vista

RO# 20357

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  05:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Norm
Your link doesnt work. Anyway, I usually dont do much boating up the river since we got the cruiser. Usually we go to Mystic, Block Island, LI or Hamburg Cove. What kind of boat do you have? We keep ours in Deep River at Brewers. Nice marina with a great pool.

2004 Four Winns 248 Vista Cruiser

Homeport: Mystic CT Go to Top of Page

Humbucker427

RO# 27798

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  07:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are two from a trip this past weekend where we bought our new boat (new to us). We took it from Iuka, MS to Chattanooga, TN up the Tennessee River.

This picture is what we faced on Saturday morning just before we took off.

This is an AMAZING photo my wife snapped of some birds on a rail as we were exiting one of the locks. Notice how the trees in the background look like an impressionist painting.

Jake Langston
2006 Carver 46 MY
Twin Volvo TAMD75P-EDC

Homeport: Chattanooga, TN Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  08:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
humbucker- you need to post more pictures of that trip! What marina is your home port in chattanooga?

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Homeport: GA Go to Top of Page

AnotherBob

RO# 27758

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  08:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey.... I was at Hales Bar (just above Nickajack dam) and you didn't even wave as you went by. We are quite fond of the trip up the gorge into Chattanooga. Lots of critters along the way there.

AustinPaul

RO# 17353

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  10:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbucker427

Here are two from a trip this past weekend where we bought our new boat (new to us).

HB-- congrats on the new boat!

So, judging by your screen name, it looks like we have another guitar player in our midst! Do you keep a guitar on board? I usually have two electrics on hand. I use one of those Roland Micro-Cube amps. If you haven't seen one yet, they're great as they are AC or battery powered. The batteries last forever too. We've had some great jams out there!

For now-- these are my 'boat' axes. I keep the good stuff safely at home!

I bring this one out at the start of college ball season:

Here's a cheap Strat knock-off that I modifed with P-90s, a Fender Tele neck, and new electronics. It's a real nice sounding and playing guitar now.

"SNARE'D"

Homeport: Austin, Texas Go to Top of Page

MAXUM27

RO# 19938

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  12:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion"

Homeport: MA Go to Top of Page

jtsmlarson

RO# 9256

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  13:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An undisclosed location I'd like to keep to myself! :-)

1989 300 DA Twin 350's
1987 250 DA 454 Magnum - -Sold :-(
Duramaxed in Prosser, WA

Edited by - jtsmlarson on Mar 06 2008 13:54:11

Homeport: Prosser, WA Go to Top of Page

Humbucker427

RO# 27798

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  22:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherBob

Hey.... I was at Hales Bar (just above Nickajack dam) and you didn't even wave as you went by. We are quite fond of the trip up the gorge into Chattanooga. Lots of critters along the way there.

Sure I waved! I sent about five or six 5 foot waves right into you guys. :) Just kidding. I slowed to no wake for ya. Here's a cool photo that was close to you. You'll recognize it.

Jake Langston
2006 Carver 46 MY
Twin Volvo TAMD75P-EDC

AnotherBob

RO# 27758

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  23:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sure I waved! I sent about five or six 5 foot waves right into you guys. :) Just kidding. I slowed to no wake for ya. Here's a cool photo that was close to you. You'll recognize it.

Yup, that's the stage to tow to Chattanooga for the Riverbend Festival. Hopefully it will sneak up on us soon. There's my powerhouse (they drystack in there now)... I'm just behind it. They added 10 slips between us and the hard. Still waiting for them to rewire our power.... still living on extension cords. At least my winter electric bill went down.

Humbucker427

RO# 27798

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  23:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Woodsong

humbucker- you need to post more pictures of that trip! What marina is your home port in chattanooga?

I joined the Chattanooga Yacht Club. Here's more pics:

Just heading up river

Here were some ducks flying in front of us. They flew right in front of our boat for about 10 minutes.

Going through one of the locks that looked like it sprung a leak

Refueling at Lake Guntersville Yacht Club. We stayed the night there as well.

Jessica (one of the passengers) with Chattanooga's Hunter Museum in the background

Once of the power plants on the river. I think it may be Widows Creek.

A freakin' castle on Chickamauga Lake.

Arriving at the Chattanooga Yacht Club

Jake Langston
2006 Carver 46 MY
Twin Volvo TAMD75P-EDC

Edited by - Humbucker427 on Mar 06 2008 23:18:51

Humbucker427

RO# 27798

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  23:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
So, judging by your screen name, it looks like we have another guitar player in our midst! Do you keep a guitar on board?

I have a Larrivee Parlor acoustic that I plan on putting aboard. Yeah, I'm familiar with the Roland Micro Cube. That's a perfect boat amp. I own a music store and we sell a ton of them. Maybe I should be marketing it to boaters. :) (just kidding, moderators!)

Thanks for the congrats on the new boat. We absolutely love it. I did a ton of research (alot on this site) and we feel we got EXACTLY what we wanted.

Nice guitars, BTW. That PRS with birds certainly stuck out! :) I like that strat with P-90's as well. P-90's seem to be underrated with the younger kids these days. I love them!

Jake Langston
2006 Carver 46 MY
Twin Volvo TAMD75P-EDC

AustinPaul

RO# 17353

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  09:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
So, judging by your screen name, it looks like we have another guitar player in our midst! Do you keep a guitar on board?

I have a Larrivee Parlor acoustic that I plan on putting aboard. Yeah, I'm familiar with the Roland Micro Cube. That's a perfect boat amp. I own a music store and we sell a ton of them. Maybe I should be marketing it to boaters. :) (just kidding, moderators!)

Thanks for the congrats on the new boat. We absolutely love it. I did a ton of research (alot on this site) and we feel we got EXACTLY what we wanted.

Nice guitars, BTW. That PRS with birds certainly stuck out! :) I like that strat with P-90's as well. P-90's seem to be underrated with the younger kids these days. I love them!

Ahh...you OWN a music store. How cool! Yea, I like the P-90s a lot. I've got 4 of them now. I love how good the cheap guitars have gotten. If something happens to one at the lake, you don't freak out. Now, if that PRS Soapbar fell overboard, I would cry like a baby! It will never see the boat! :-)

Enjoy the new boat. We also have a new-to-us boat as of January. I'm finishing getting it "right" so we can just enjoy it--instead of me working on it all the time!

"SNARE'D"

Homeport: Austin, Texas Go to Top of Page

Woodsong

RO# 20095

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  09:41:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Humbucker-
just sent you a PM.

~~Let's see...1987 Bayliner 4588 & 1995 Boston Whaler 17' Dauntless, and a few other water toys~~

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Dynatrail tires? Topic Next Topic: Breaking in a new engine  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.59 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com