BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Misc. Meanderings
 For Women
 My best friend
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: New to Boating Topic Next Topic: Help With Forum  

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  18:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our #1 dog is having major surgery on Monday. We thought it was something simple & it turned out to be a mass on his spleen. An ultrasound showed no invasion of any other organs,
but they really don't know until they get in there if it is benign.
This was such a shock, but maybe dumb luck that it was found looking for something else.
We are practically in shock as this 8 yr old has been the healthiest dog we've ever had. We are just so sad.
Please keep Rudi in your thoughts & prayers. Thanks

Homeport: Seneca River, NY

In the know

RO# 20824

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  19:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang in there Sunny, I can feel your pain - my girl has had three surgeries since January.

http://www.boatered.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111712&SearchTerms=best,friend

Will be thinking of Rudi

--------------------------------------------------------

The enemy of society - the HUTAL

Homeport: The Ocean State Go to Top of Page

duck

RO# 17014

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  17:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy and I have Rudi in our thoughts. We've been through this too, so we know how hard it is. Just think about all the treats he'll be needing when he comes through this just fine.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  14:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the good thoughts! Rudi has his surgery on the 7th. He came through it like a champ. His spleen was removed as well as six small bladder stones. We don't have the pathology report yet. He went in today for the HCT volume draw & the results were excellent.
I removed the pain patch yesterday and he is almost back to his old self, except having to suffer the indignity of being carried up & down the stairs.
Keeping our fingers crossed for good news.

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page

jonf

RO# 29695

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  21:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
speedy recovery Rudi !!!! get well soon & you'll be climbing the stairs in no time. best wishes,Jon

ITK-good luck with your dog too,don't worry to much after all shes a tough four legged marine- SEMPER FI Jon

Homeport: stony point , ny Go to Top of Page

duck

RO# 17014

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  14:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news Sunny. Hope the rest goes as well. Now don't forget the treats!

lil red truck

RO# 25758

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  11:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear Sunny. Give Rudi a scrooch for me.

Honora
1987 Bayliner Ciera 2450
Matthew 7:12
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness." ~ George Sand

Homeport: Yonkers, NY Go to Top of Page

shastiny1

RO# 28747

Posted - Apr 15 2008 :  12:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry to hear that Rudi's having health issues. I'll be sending good thoughts and healing energy to Rudi and your family. I'm sure you're giving him lots of much-needed love & attenrtion to get hin through this crisis so be well.

Sharon
240 SD

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Apr 16 2008 :  13:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good News!!!
The mass on Rudi's spleen was a benign Hematoma, possibly caused by him bumping into to something while playing.
All biopsies of other organs were clean. Now we can breathe again!!! Thanks everyone for pulling for Rudi!! I am most grateful that we are not going to lose him now and are thankful for the time he is with us. Hooray!
He will be taking his first trip to the boat this season after all, as we're in & raring to go!

In the know

RO# 20824

Posted - Apr 16 2008 :  14:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news Sunny - glad to read it. Now go spoil Rudi with whatever he wants.

--------------------------------------------------------

The enemy of society - the HUTAL

Homeport: The Ocean State Go to Top of Page

lil red truck

RO# 25758

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  13:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woo HOO!!
I'm relieved for you. These old dogs are gonna worry all us to death, I swear. (Said the woman who went sleepless most of the weekend bc Sage started yelping for no apparent reason... vet said it's arthritis and now we're giving her a course of steroids. Now I don't sleep bc she has to pee every 1/2 hour).

Honora
1987 Bayliner Ciera 2450
Matthew 7:12
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness." ~ George Sand

Homeport: Yonkers, NY Go to Top of Page

duck

RO# 17014

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  20:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news Sunny, and Honora is right. They will worry us to death.

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  21:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm telling you! I don't think I was any less upset than if it was a relative!! In fact, SOME of my relatives........well I won't go there!
Stitch removal went smooth, he still has a slight bladder infection, but really feeling fine. We're checking HCT & PCVs weekly.

Honora, I went through the same P thing with my rescue when he was on Pred. Fun Fun. I feel for your sleeplessness!

Next week the other one goes in for his annual...Lord spare me!

Previous Topic: New to Boating Topic Next Topic: Help With Forum  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com