BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 Price off msrp?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Blow tube Communicator, like in the movies. Topic Next Topic: 1972 Flybridge Carter Marine Inc. Safari need info  

radams

RO# 25309

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  15:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

We're considering the new 360 Express or 390 Coupe. Anyone have suggestion on what % off msrp we should shoot for? I just want to make sure we know what's "normal".

Thanks,
Jason

Homeport: Safety Harbor, FL

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  18:10:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are trading in a boat that will be a determining factor of what you will get of the MSRP.

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

radams

RO# 25309

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  18:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by walterv

If you are trading in a boat that will be a determining factor of what you will get of the MSRP.

I do have a boat to trade. I was planning on neg a cash price for the new boat.. then see what they offer for my current Reagal 3560. If it's not enough I'll sell the 3560 on my own. There aren't a ton of them out there and they seem to sell well.

Thanks,
Jason

Homeport: Safety Harbor, FL Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  19:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without a trade, I expect around 25%.

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  21:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have a 2008 390 in stock at $399,000. Not sure how much off of list that is, but llist is well into the 400,000 range. (This is not an advertisement for sale...just putting it here for knowledge)

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

Tanqueray

RO# 17091

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  22:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll guarantee you that you won't get anywhere near what YOU think is enough for your trade after you get the no-trade price. Just like trading a car....they'll want to own it for wholesale (cause THAT's the way it's done) and you'll want somewhere near Retail and the figures just won't add up. Just remember that there WILL be a difference in the Tax you'll pay and although it doesn't seem like alot at first...do the math and it might be more than you think. THEN there's the costs related to selling yours yourself...advertising...not selling it right away cause nobody's buying boats.....storage.....winterizing.....talking to the tire kickers and the people that wanna go all through your boat and then tell you they're thinking about maybe getting one in a year or two.....then the re-detailing after all the tire kickers paw through it.....then the advertising costs...then storage again cause people still aren't buying boats.....
The list goes on and on and you'll be nutso before it's over.

KALENA II

Homeport: New York Go to Top of Page

Richiela

RO# 11019

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  18:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the other hand, The dealer may need to unload inventory for the sake of generating cash flow. It is a buyers market, I'd offer 40% off of list. Let them have your trade for wholesale, it would take a very long time and money in this market to sell it on your own.

Anything Worth Doing, Is Worth Doing Right.

Homeport: Mystic, CT Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  19:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having just gone through this, keep in mind....dealers are hurting.
If it is a leftover or repo, then you will get the deal of a lifetime.
Work one against the other.
Rememeber, there are not alot of buyers, so you are in the driving seat and you should take advantage.
Dealers will turn to the manufacturer for additional concessions to get rid of 2007 and 2008 boats so the manufacturer can push 2009 boats on them. Take advantage. My new boat is easily 40% off MSRP!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  20:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
98.6 percent

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Richiela

RO# 11019

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  20:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do a yachtworld search, I found a 08 brand new listing for 260K, Bank ordered sale.
I can imagine what kind of deal you could get.

Anything Worth Doing, Is Worth Doing Right.

Homeport: Mystic, CT Go to Top of Page

DarinSchmidtMN

RO# 30712

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  17:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting a deal is important, but if you buy a new boat you will still take a depreciation bath.

Darin

Homeport: St. Paul Yacht Club Go to Top of Page

MikeeH

RO# 6342

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  18:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, dealers need to sell off inventory but if you are trading a boat that's just another unit in the inventory. While the value of the used boat will have a lesser impact on their cost of inventory its still a cost. I agree with Tang. Don't try to "surprise" them with a trade. They ain't dumb. Get educated first by figuring what the real wholesale value of your trade is and use that in your figures. The dealer will show you a big number for your trade but that number will include the discount off the MSRP for the new boat. Figure out what bottom line you want (New boat $$ minus trade $$) and shoot for that.

Mike

I recently realized that at this stage of my life I'm now wise enough to know better, but old enough not to give a damn.

Homeport: Still Pond, MD Go to Top of Page

Gregory S

RO# 2620

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  15:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt we'll ever get any follow up on this one!

Homeport: Norfolk, Va Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Blow tube Communicator, like in the movies. Topic Next Topic: 1972 Flybridge Carter Marine Inc. Safari need info  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com