BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 133 ]  [ Total: 135 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Misc. Meanderings
 For Women
 looking for a forum / blog / for weight 'issues'
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Now I know... Topic Next Topic: Going, going,  gone tomorrow  

defboat

RO# 9541

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  15:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello girls,
have been going to WW for approx. 2 months and haven't lost only 3 lbs. Finally coming to the realization that losing weight is more involved. Weight Watchers forum is okay - but I'd like any suggestions / rec's for any other forums or discussions on problems with losing.

Have any suggestions or links?

thanks!

Homeport: boats in New Castle, NH

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  19:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh def, that's discouraging! I don't have any suggestions as to forums etc. but maybe you need another approach or a different plan? Don't give up, some program will work for you, just have to find it. Wish I could be more help. Anybody?????

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  20:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I am a guy, but I will throw this out there.

WWW.DWLZ.COM

Dottie lists all the weight watcher points for all food, restaurants, ethnic food, etc.
Great site!

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

defboat

RO# 9541

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  14:29:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, CurrentSea - that's a good website ! something different is sometimes good with over 30 pounds to lose its very difficult!

Homeport: boats in New Castle, NH Go to Top of Page

jzelt

RO# 23753

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  13:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife lost 50 lbs ~ 6 months doing "nothing special" (she wasn't big to being with). She changed what she eats. Goes to the gym almost daily for 1 hour after work.

I told her I wasn't changing anything in my routine...but since she cooks...I eat what is served. Salad almost every night, a vegetble (brocoli, esparagus, califlower, etc), meat, etc but I am noticing changes in myself as well (smaller in face and gut).

She will walk at lunch if weather permits.

I really believe it is about being active...

I also believe that you won't get many compliments from people that are around you everyday since they don't notice it much, but people you don't see are the one's that really bring it to your attention.

She did say after the first month, it was tough to keep going because inches just didn't come off...That is when you have to stay with it.

Just eating right is a start. However, the commercials don't tell you that people spent 8 hrs a day in the gym to lose it in 2 weeks.

We now snack on apples with peanut butter, carrots, peppers, green beans on the boat instead of Doritos, etc. (although I do still get to have them and she will too, just not as much as we used to. (Did I mention I'm not going to change my routine?)

Good luck and stay with it. If you want it, it is worth the effort even if no-one else notices.

(ie, we get 50lbs of dog food each time and she grabbed the bag and said,no wonder I was always tired and not wanting to do anything...)

*edit-"added in myself as well"

Edited by - jzelt on Jun 18 2008 13:51:34

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Jensen

RO# 15455

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  18:25:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The secret is to be patient and make small changes. Over the past three years, I have lost 141 pounds, just be being a little more active, and I started out with WW and now I just pay attention to what I am doing. I don't concentrate on inches, or pound. I don't count calories, or fat. I just make an effort to be active at least three times a week (Walk, run, swim), and not eat if my stomach doesn't demand it. The first two months I lost nothing and I am so glad that I used patience. Good luck, and don't be discouraged!!

If it ain't broke...it will be.

Homeport: Md Go to Top of Page

defboat

RO# 9541

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  09:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for that...great advice! You are right, it is about being more active and I have made a commitment to do that. Being on the boat is hard in some ways, you don't walk - altho I will never ever give it up! Whether 30 # or more to lose wow, its hard when you are 50! It definitely is the small changes, thanks again!

Homeport: boats in New Castle, NH Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Now I know... Topic Next Topic: Going, going,  gone tomorrow  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.58 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com