BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 8 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 117 ]  [ Newest Member: nancyeliza ]
 All Forums
 Misc. Meanderings
 For Women
 Going, going, gone tomorrow
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: looking for a forum / blog / for weight  issues Topic Next Topic: Thongs  

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  20:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well after last year's fiasco, I waited to tell the news.... We sold the boat & are closing tomorrow June 20th. It's so hard not to get emotional... we love our boat, love our boating friends & the whole scene, but it's time.
I guess we should consider ourselves lucky in this economy, (they paid our price) but it is truly bittersweet. I hope the new owners will give her the TLC that we did & have at least as many happy times as we did.

Now for a question?.... our dock mates & boating friends want us to stay over on their boats, & continue to be at the marina every weekend.
We would love nothing better, but "mooching" is not our style.
How can we tell them that we won't be staying over, or taking trips with them without hurting their feelings?
It's only a 45 min drive to the marina, so we can meet on occasion, but they want us there every weekend, just like old times.

Homeport: Seneca River, NY

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  20:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Now for a question?.... our dock mates & boating friends want us to stay over on their boats, & continue to be at the marina every weekend.
We would love nothing better, but "mooching" is not our style."

Sunny,
Nothing wrong with stating it the way you posted it, I too would feel the same way.

As a boater you know the costs, so with that said, if you would really like to hang with them, tell them you want to split the costs, food, beer, gas, etc.

Walter

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  22:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right of course Walter. It goes without saying that we would split costs. Actually, it's probably my Italian food that they'll
miss! But then again, maybe they won't have such problems keeping their weights down. ;o)

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page

Tanqueray

RO# 17091

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  00:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you're all done with the Boating life?
I was in the midst of seriously planning a trip down to Seneca Falls somtime in August if I can recoup from the Fuel expense of the upcoming one next week.

KALENA II

Homeport: New York Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'So you're all done with the Boating life?'

Oh gosh no, I don't think we'll ever be totally done, boat or no boat.
Tang, we've over nighted at SF several times. You've got to eat at Henry B's! $$$$ or lunch at Zuzus. All of the Admirals that I know
just adore SF. Hey, it's the home of the Women's Hall of Fame!! (nice little shops too)

We've been offered an unlimited time to clean out the dock box etc. The marina owner has told us we are always welcome & since we aren't recovering slip fees for the season, we may just stick a dingy in there!

king5899

RO# 19628

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  12:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was the Fiasco that made the final decision?

Well I hope all goes well, and maybe this will only be temporary. True friends will always have an open door.

MJK

2003 Cruisers Yachts 3372
"Party of Five"

Homeport: Stony Point Bay Marina, NY - FKA "D" Dock Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  15:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"What was the Fiasco that made the final decision?"

Last Fall we had the boat sold & the deal fell through at the 11th hr, after we had spent days cleaning her out. Had to lug all of the stuff back there!
Closing went well today. It's really gone.

"True friends will always have an open door."

We have made the best friends ever through boating, and plan on keeping them forever.

Edited by - Sunny on Jun 20 2008 19:35:36

Msibley

RO# 16534

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  16:28:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sunny

We have made the best friends ever through boating, and plan on keeping them forever.

Ah, The "BFF" syndrome. ;). Is there such a thing? And are you sure you want it to be a "forever" proposition. I mean, look at Andy and Mel...he wished, he got. Ducks are not easy to get off.

(snicker)

Mike
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over."
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are."
- Maj. Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, Commanding, Union Armies-Military Division of the Mississippi

Homeport: Melbourne, FL Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  19:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Ducks are not easy to get off."

SIb, haven't you learned anything from these forums? You paste their beaks together with Orange Sauce right after the prenup.
This done, the Duck is rendered quackless, assuring it's mate certain bliss.
(oh yeah, in your dreams!)

Radioactive

RO# 3238

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  19:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried to go boatless and for a while, it works. Then you go into withdrawal. Who knows, your next "yot" might be a bowrider!

Bill

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Bonzai
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame

Homeport: MS Gulf Coast Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  20:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, it's funny but when we bought the Carver all I was looking for was a little boat to fish from, nothing fancy. I LOVE to fish!
We were lured by the size & creature comforts of the boat and have gotten a lot of pleasure out of it. Well we're getting older & an Express just wasn't doing it for us anymore, no matter what Pascal said about the mid cleat spring for docking, it didn't work forme because I couldn't get to it!
Anyway, we looked at a 356 today, I loved the boat, but man did it feel high!!! I was almost getting dizzy from the helm after being used to the Express. Yes, I guess we need a breather for a while, unless Bob wants to take us out.

Previous Topic: looking for a forum / blog / for weight  issues Topic Next Topic: Thongs  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com