BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Misc. Meanderings
 For Women
 Oh, the pain!
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Does Anyone know?..... Topic Next Topic: Happy 4th Everyone  

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  17:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gang invited us for the weekend & were more than generous, lending their boats to us. Sunday, after a super ride on a friends Mariner, we arrived back at the marina only to find our recently sold boat, parked at the restaurant dock for lunch.

Really strange feeling, seeing our baby with strangers on it. We never met the buyers, as our broker handled the quick sale that was a shocker, given the state of things. The boat is berthed at a nearby marina.

We loved that boat,but knew it was time to sell, so our sad feelings surprised us.
Thank goodness that generous friends are sharing the boating life with us, while we go through lifestyle withdrawal!

I have a feeling that there will be a boat in our future.

Homeport: Seneca River, NY

lil red truck

RO# 25758

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  22:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you're back on the water. I'm probably not the only one who's not surprised that you've a boat in your future. What size/model are you thinking about?

Honora
1987 Bayliner Ciera 2450
Matthew 7:12
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness." ~ George Sand

Homeport: Yonkers, NY Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  10:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Honera,
I know we couldn't possibly go smaller than our 35, too spoiled. It's much more difficult when you know what you like & don't. We were very happy with most of our Carver Express. It's more confusing now!! I guess we'll be pondering for a while.

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page

Ocean Spray

RO# 20033

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  10:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like the old saying goes, "The happiest days of boating is when you buy your boat, and when you sell your boat"! You should be thankfull you were able to sell your boat in this economy!

Ocean Spray II
Captain Pat

Homeport: Sarasota, Florida Go to Top of Page

Tanqueray

RO# 17091

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  13:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stoney-Fest at Cross Lake this weekend. I KNOW you know where Cross Lake is.....Come on up with some of your Boating friends. Weather is supposed to be perfect also.

KALENA II

Homeport: New York Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  14:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Captain Pat, you are absolutely right, we are grateful that we got our price & that it sold, I think it happened so fast we were stunned!
Now my pals want me to "stage" their boats.

Tang, LOL, I could WALK there!
What is "Stoney- Fest? A smaller version of Oswego?? Maybe I can pry the wineglasses out of their hands for the trip!

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Does Anyone know?..... Topic Next Topic: Happy 4th Everyone  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.39 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com