BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: Farm ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Carver Owners
 Please Share Interesting Photos and Stories
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 638 Santego - Aft Cabin Screen Topic Next Topic: Big set of Carver props 28 x 31  

excelbob

RO# 27736

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  19:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Message from Moderator: Our friend submitted the following suggestion:

HAPPY July 30th to you all Mr. Moderator, Ladies and gentleman, It's been a rather dull and boring summer without the Carver. As some of you know while you are all enjoying your boats I am back in NH making gas $$$$ for the winter.
Our boating takes place while most of you have put yours up for the winter...kinda like backa$$wards. Story of my life.
Anyways, I hope this letter finds you all cruising in comfort, no mechanical problems, gas tanks topped right off and the frig. full of your favorite frosty cold beverage.
I spoke a few months ago to our fearless leader....Mr. Moderater (PB) and mentioned perhaps we should hold a photo contest to see which of our Carver family could produce the best, the wildest, the craziest, the most unusual, the friendliest, the most educational or perhaps the sadest, the wetist, or the most memorable Carver in the picture of the 2008 summer.
This would give you all the opportunity to share your summer fun with those of us who have to wait until October to Carver Cruise/fish.

Or I could have just continued and said "does anyone know where I can get some free gas or deisel"????????????? I didnt want to, but this is exactly what happens when you all go out boating and BOB and family stays at home waiting for October and April.
So I apologize up front for the deceptive subject line and hope you will all jump aboard and send those summer 2008 pictures...lets all share the moments.

PS. I guess if this is politically incorrect Mr. Moderator has the power to delete.
Have a great August and send those precious monents to us. Thanks BOB
1984 Carver Santa Cruz "Maybe Baby"
"I hav'nt had this much fun since I went deep sea fishing....and got sick."

Edited by - excelbob on Dec 26 2009 16:02:26

Homeport: Hatchet Bay, Bahamas

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  12:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - good sense of humor, Bob! I would love to see more photos of interesting things people are doing with their Carvers. Of course, a contest usually means a prize, and one of the reasons for the holdup is that I can't authorize a prize on behalf of BoaterEd. But, if you all would like to share some interesting, witty pictures and stories of things you've done with your Carvers, please feel free to share it here !!!

Pete Bardunias (28' 1980 Carver Mariner "Arcadia", 21' 1975 Glastron V215 (plus a few more toys), Clifton Park, NY) --- Moderator of the Carver Boats Forum, President/CEO, the Chamber of Southern Saratoga County, Board Member, Eastern NY Marine Trades Assn

Homeport: Clifton Park, NY Go to Top of Page

awboater

RO# 20676

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  15:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing witty, but I have doing some things to my Carver - I been improving it a bit, so I thought I'd show some of the improvements I have made in the 2 years we have owned her.

By the way, all of my improvements have been in compliance with safety regs such as 33CFR183, recommended best practices as provided by the ABYC, and other common-sense stuff, such as sealing any holes drilled into the fiberglass desk with epoxy to protect the coring, etc.

One of the first things we did is to have a custom radar arch made for the boat.... then I filled it up with antennas.

The wife wanted an enclosed aft cabin like the newer motoryachts. We had thought about having a tubular top made to attach to the radar arch from the guy that made the arch. But I still get scared when it is windy out, so I don't want to put up any more "sail" than we already have. So I compromised with the admiral (at least for now), and I made this bimini for the aft cabin. I have little sewing experience, but I bought a sewing machine from Salrite and began sewing stuff like crazy.

So much so that I also remade the enclosure at the flybridge. After installing the radar arch, the side horseshoes were hard to open, and we wanted horseshoes in the front as well - so we custom sewed this enclosure (everything except for the bimini top itself, as it was still in good condition).

I also upgraded the helm electronics with a RayMarine C-80, Radar, Depth, Speed and Temp, new Icom DSC radio, GPS, AIS, and KVH fluxgate compass. I also installed a NMEA2000 network with a Lowrance LMF-200 display, which also can be displayed by the C-80 and GMI-10, and sensors for the Bennett Trim Tabs and Fuel Tanks. I want to add fuel flow, but with the closed fuel system my Crusader EFI system has, I am waiting on manufacturers. I plan on adding a lot to this system.

Someone stole the Carver emblem off the steering wheel when we bought the boat, so I custom made one out of Bubinga.

And a rudder position indicator.

I also installed this cool stereo system. The panels the stereo mounts on are made of Jet Black Corian, and highly polished, so that it resembles Onyx. I like the black/chrome look. I installed a head unit, XM Radio head unit, 10 CD/MP3 changer, outboard amps for the stereo and subwoofer, 3 zones (salon, rear berth, and outside), and lots of other stuff. I installed 8 Polk speakers and a Polk subwoofer. The stereo channels are 40Watts each - I like quality sound, not necessarily boom-boom sound.

For two of the speakers, I custom made speaker-eyeballs out of fiberglass and epoxy. Here is one of them:

And my subwoofer that sits behind the sofa in the salon.

And a closeup of the stereo unit. You can see the reflection of the rack handles in the Corian, its so shiny. I even installed a LED VU meter to aid in adjusting the zones... OK, maybe it was bling, but we all need a little bling now and then.

The switch panel below the stereo is used for turning off the various audio amps, the TV antenna, Cell amplifier and other associated items. I taught myself how to silkscreen the legends on the switches. Note: the silkscreen looks a bit blurry, but that is due to my inability to take a photo, and not the lettering.

Upgraded the exterior lighting to chrome fixtures:

And also a cool hatch cover. There are two slide outs in the cover. One slide out is a screen, and the other is a shade.

And this spring, I installed a rather substantial dinghy davit system:

And I figured the boat also needed a communications system. Here is the base station, and it is basically a cordless phone, which is expandable to 10 handsets (we currently have 3 - in the salon, aft cabin, and helm at the flybridge). Each handset can call the other for a intra-ship system. Also connected to the cordless phone system is a box, which I'll describe as a telephone-company-in-a-box. It provides dial-tone, and bluetooth connectivity to my cell phone. So if I want to make a phone call from the cordless phone, it actually makes a bluetooth link to the cell phone.

And to top it all off, the cell phone can plug into a 3Watt linear power amplifier, connected to an 8ft cell antenna on the radar arch. This gives me quite a long range via cell.

And I am already replacing some stuff I installed last year. I replaced the RayMarine ST60+ Graphic with a Garmin GMI-10. It can display a multitude of parameters, including speed, depth, temperature, GPS heading, Compass, fuel tank levels, and so on - all from NMEA2000 sensors I have on board - or will be installing in the future.

I can't show photos of everything, but I have also upgraded the inside mood lighting to LED and added a dimmer, made the rear deck lights work on a 3-way switch, a digital tank monitoring system for the fresh water and holding tanks, new smoked acrylic doors for the electrical panel, water-fume-fire detectors, and two LCD TVs.

Well, I have only had the boat for 24 months. Not bad for the short time I have owned it.

Edited by - awboater on Jul 31 2008 16:17:02

Homeport: Grand Haven, MI Go to Top of Page

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  21:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done alot of improvements to my boat...mostly cosmetic...pics to follow (as soon as I remember to bring the camera home). I have two projects planned for this winter (maybe earlier): (1) install portholes in the hull in the v-berth/dinette area, and (2) remove the passanger seat, built and install a wetbar complete with running water, sink and icemaker...oh, and a storage cabinet. I'll be losing one seat, but I think it will be well worth it as we also plan on expanding the aft deck seating into an L shaped setup. Plans can get expensive (I just did rough calculating as I was typing this)!!

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

awboater

RO# 20676

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  22:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob;

Yes, everyting was done by me except for the radar arch - I had that custom made and installed. Even when I reflect back at my projects, I even surprise myself that I found the time to do them - especially given that the boat is 100 miles from home, we are only at the boat on weekends and vacations, and our boating season only lasts 5 months.

Maybe it has to do with some weekends having less than ideal boating conditions. Nothing else to do on a rainy day.

But it can be done, and all it takes is a bit of planning - and a portable toolbox...

And I would be remis if I didn't give a lot of credit to my wife; she not only supports the projects, but she gets right in there and helps me do them, whether it is pulling cable, chasing down parts, or "suggesting" a better way to do something.

In fact, I think her "to-do" list for the remaining projects for the boat is longer than mine.

And regardless if you have done as much as I have, or only one or two projects, anytime you "personalize" the boat, you are making it more yours, and I really enjoy looking at what others do to their boats (maybe it'll give me an idea or two).

One piece of encouragement I would like to give is that I am not an expert at any of this. For instance, I had never did any sewing in my life. But I figure, I can use a table saw, so how much different can a sewing machine be.

So it just takes a bit of confidence to jump right in and do the project. I have learned so many new skills in the last few years doing this.

But there are a few ground rules that must be followed. First and foremost, you must not violate the safety or seaworthiness of your boat, and you must not do any damage. This means you have to do some research before the project, and thankfully, the internet is an excellent source of this.

So, after you figure out that you are not damaging your boat or making it unsafe, you can do just about any project if you put your mind to it.

Edited by - awboater on Jul 31 2008 22:34:07

btoran

RO# 19401

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  08:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pics to follow, but i've recently added a windlass and am currently working on a stereo project. both projects were done with lots of back and forth between myself and awboater for ideas, schematics, pictures, etc. his website has a wealth of info for projects, whether you own a carver or not. additional projects i've done include changing the steering wheel on the upper helm, adding a bimini to the bridge, adding a gps chartplotter to the upper helm, adding a clock to the upper helm (i can't believe the boat came with NO clocks), adding a fixed mount vhf radio to the upper helm and running both lower and upper helm vhf's off the same antenna, adding seastrainers between the thru hulls and waterpumps, adding fishing rod holders inside and out, and maybe a few other projects i'm probably mising. of course i've also had all the usual maintenance items associated with the new purchase of an "experienced" boat, such as replacing thermostats, rebuilding water pumps, getting new props, replacing various bolts, rebedding prop struts, repairing the dinghy's outboard, replacing the dingy, repairing canvas, repairing gel coat, etc., etc. btw, we've now had the boat for a season and a half. i figure another year and i'll have it pretty well fitted out the way i want. my list of projects still to do includes adding a rudder angle indicator, adding a depth gauge (another i can't believe there isn't one item), adding wiring so the gps chartplotter can be easily moved to the lower helm while using the gps antenna on the upper helm), making a half bimini to extend from the sliding door towards the back of the cockpit, replacing faded outdoor light sconces, adding a memory foam mattress topper, replacing the dingy davit system, replacing the cabin hatch with a sliding one.

Bruce Toran
1996 Carver 320 Voyager
-------------------------
"Don't Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head"

Homeport: Northport, NY Go to Top of Page

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  14:06:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$h!t, I'm still trying to change my spark plugs. How am I gonna keep up with
you guys???

Pete Bardunias (28' 1980 Carver Mariner "Arcadia", 21' 1975 Glastron V215 (plus a few more toys), Clifton Park, NY) --- Moderator of the Carver Boats Forum, President/CEO, the Chamber of Southern Saratoga County, Board Member, Eastern NY Marine Trades Assn

marykhubby

RO# 25522

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  18:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tanks topped off - Bob must be wacky in this economic climate, but I am in! ;)
I can't keep up with you young guys tackling these big jobs in a season or two. VERY NICE WORK I might add!!! I am envious, however during the summer months I am on the liquid relaxation plan... and like Kenny, can not imagine how much I would have invested if I hired out all my projects.

Since Fall '03 purchase... WINTER projects include:
Inside: Gutted the interior (fabrics, carpet, wallpaper and electronics). Admiral get's credit for all the new "soft" stuff. I the electronics, light fixtures, appliances, entertainment systems,12 port holes, plumbing/hoses + fixtures, all pumps, refinishing, and 4 hatches - All new. Kept most of the original teak and mahogany. Engine room resealed, repainted and organized. Starboard engine rebuilt (this one hired out).
Outside: New props, shafts, rudders, batteries, upholstery and full canvas at time of purchase (for once my timing was right here). Repaired all stress cracks on rails, replaced all SS rub rails, refurbished the bridge (Corian, Bristol, downlighting, recarpeted) and swim platform. Restriped boat and added transom graphics after 2-3 seasons of buffing my <BLEEP> off to regain her shine. Hired out hull soda blasting, then I repaired and barrier coated + VC17. Replaced radar, transducer, chartplotter and 4 antennas (GPS, XM, VHF and TV).

I am getting tired just typing this so I'll stop now. Let's just say most of the major work is DONE, and there's not too much "old stuff" left. Pic's are already on the website (a little dated, but most of the work was done by then. She'll certainly be "turnkey" and serve someone well when I am ready to move up (after recovering from our kids (3) college and weddings). It will be a sad and happy day at the same time.

It's summer - Time for my nap again... and then spring into action to get the winning "crazy pic" Bob was eluding to (just might take a couple naps to get the winner). I am looking forward to the fun postings in this forum. In fact, I got so excited I stopped reading Bob's article entirely - can't wait for him to top of my tanks (hoping its the fuel tanks, and not the holding tanks)!
Don

DOCK'ed WAGE$

Homeport: MI Go to Top of Page

awboater

RO# 20676

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  15:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need somewhere to host photos. Photobucket is one place, but many ISPs offer web space for personal photos, that is where I have mine.

Then, you simply enclose the URL for the photo in img brackets (click on the photo icon when posting).

Marykhubby; I am not a young guy. I am retiring next year, and I am outfitting the boat for our retirement enjoyment. So I guess you could say I have a deadline to get this stuff done.

Edited by - awboater on Aug 07 2008 20:18:19

btoran

RO# 19401

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  21:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bob - setup an account on photobucket, create an album, and upload pictures to the album. then, a thumbnail (small picture) will appear for each photo you uploaded. under each thumbnail will be 4 lines....."email & im", "direct link", "html code", and "img code". put the cursor in the box to the right of "img code" and do a left click with the mouse. this will copy the location of the picture and the appropriate img brackets into memory (the computor's, not yours). then, wherever you want to place the picture in the post, simply position the mouse and do a right mouse click and "paste", or hold down the cntrl key and hit the v key (which will also do a paste).

Bruce Toran
1996 Carver 320 Voyager
-------------------------
"Don't Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head"

Homeport: Northport, NY Go to Top of Page

walterv

RO# 12640

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  21:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awboater,
Execellent job on all your upgrades, where did you get that dinghy davit system, love it?

Walter

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

blouderback

RO# 24057

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  21:03:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awboater, I recognize those upgrades and that Carver from another site! You inspired me to try many of the projects I've done on my boat. Thanks!

Just Bob...

-Bob-
"Annabo": 2005 Larson Senza 206 w/5.0L Bravo III

Homeport: Chalfont, Pennsylvania Go to Top of Page

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  00:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He definitely did a great job on that boat. I wish I had the time to take on some of those projects!!!

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  12:13:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob!

LOL, this thread IS turning into your diary, isn't it??? Sorry about that - I'll stick my head in here and contribute...

Yes, there indeed are a lot of Carvers on Lake George. I saw a beautifully kept 33' Mariner come speeding by while I was at the gas dock at Snug Harbor South the week before Labor Day. Of course I was broadside to the gas dock and had to push my little Glastron away from the dock in order to fend off the wake when it hit. D'oh...

One reason I haven't posted much here lately is that we haven't been using the Carver. Why? Gas prices over $4.50, for one thing. The other is an engine that is somewhat disassembled at present, and I've been too busy with other things to speed up the repairs. Since we were in no hurry to go anywhere with the boat, I just didn't bother. We've been using it as a summer house up on the Rondout Creek in Kingston NY, anyway, and for that purpose it works just fine...

Here is what the boat has been doing most of the summer:

But then again, we've still had fun, right there on land:

And the inflatable dink is still usable:

Then again, with the Glastron, we've been on Lake George and Lake Champlain lately (btw that's my son's homemade wooden fishing pole - like his dad he loves to tinker and invent stuff):

Look how clean and frothy the wake is - Lake George is crystal clear:

Here's my son Jonathan at the wheel - he's learning very well:

Here we are tied to an island in Lake George - SHHHH we didn't sign up to use it, we just stopped there for a few minutes to look around:

Here's Junior in front of Fort Ticonderoga (Lake Champlain):

This is Lake Champlain on LABOR DAY - where is everybody?????

So, we've had boating fun this year despite not using the big boat...

Edited by - PBardunias on Sep 15 2008 12:15:23

excelbob

RO# 27736

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  21:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yippy Yippy Yippy someone finally wrote into the Bahamas Bob show and sent real pictures. I am so excited I can hardly control myself.
Mr. Moderator thats one heck of a family you've got there. When I go to the polls in Nov. you will get my vote again.....OOOOOOPPPPS I will be back in the Bahamas so I will have to get an absente ballot.
It's about time someone stepped up to the plate.....it didnt hurt did it???? I am sure this is just the start....I am feeling good about this. The avolanch is about to start....the Carver family is about to UNLOAD.
I cant believe how calm the lake was...we dont see that on the island very often.
Thanks Bob

Homeport: Hatchet Bay, Bahamas Go to Top of Page

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  00:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't believe how calm it was on Champlain either, Bob! And that was on Labor Day -
where the Hell were all the other boats??? Not that I was complaining. It was great
to have America's "sixth great lake" all to ourselves that day...

Sweetness

RO# 20707

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  16:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Pete did you trailer the boat up north or run the canal?

[b]Leigh
2003 Sea Pro 220CC

Homeport: Bluffton, SC Go to Top of Page

boatbum

RO# 36

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  19:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pete those are some great photos. But I have to wonder. Is that "thingy" next to your dink a bobber so everyone knows when "Champy" has taken the "bait"?

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  23:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leigh, since we had the small boat we trailered it up. It made it an awful lot easier
to combine trips to Lake George and Lake Champlain. Nothing like pulling that thing
over all those mountains, though!!!

Dan, now that Frank Mundus is gone SOMEBODY has to carry on the tradition. We used my
son's cat for bait . Actually that thing is a COOLER. Its kinda silly but it
was on sale and I couldn't resist...

boatbum

RO# 36

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  07:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In that case it looks certain you were prepared to "fish" or at least dream up a good story during the nap.

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  18:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please put those pics up here, buddy !!!

PJ

RO# 396

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  21:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must say that awboater has inspired me so here are some of my projects.

I never thought that I could have installed this hatch cover but awboater gave me the confidence to do it. This is with the screen pulled.

This chair was recovered and is the standard Carver chair.

flowscan installation.

new enclosure installed

New carpet and recovered the dinette

new curtains through out the boat

Graphics

Thank you all for taking the time to look at my projects. My wife and I love our boat and it has brought us many happy days, Gracie our dog likes it too.

Edited by - PJ on Sep 29 2008 21:25:20

Homeport: Charleston, SC Go to Top of Page

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  21:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your boat looks great!!!

excelbob

RO# 27736

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  21:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi PJ,
Thanks for the pictures, thats a sweet ride.
Just curious about the picture of the new enclosure.....were the dual cranes extra???
Thanks Bob

Homeport: Hatchet Bay, Bahamas Go to Top of Page

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  00:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, nice one, Bob!!!

PJ

RO# 396

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  10:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments.
Bob as a cost reduction Carver stopped offering the dual cranes (oversized Davits) as an option, that is why you do not see many out there!

Edited by - PJ on Oct 01 2008 16:37:56

Homeport: Charleston, SC Go to Top of Page

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  12:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm jealous, Bob - I love New England in the fall and never get enough time to enjoy'
it. Oh well. We're going to get some time in the Catskills next weekend, and that will
be nice too...

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  23:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, Bob, and have a safe trip back down South!!! Glad you enjoyed the NH scenery...

I was up on my boat with my son in Kingston NY today and it was gorgeous. Too bad I spent most of the
time in the bilge (planned maintenance day). But he enjoyed being my apprentice and we
had a nice dinner at the '50s drive-in on the way home...

Naut Home

RO# 30670

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  20:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This may be one of my favourite pictures. We were at anchor for a few days in Georgian Bay area.

Homeport: Port Severn, Ontario Go to Top of Page

Naut Home

RO# 30670

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  20:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may be one of the most interesting places we stayed this sommer. We took our boat up to Henry's world famous fish and chips and found quite a few aircraft joining us during the day.

Naut Home

RO# 30670

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  20:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you can see, we LOVE to anchor.

bob tait

RO# 30235

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  21:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pictures. What bay were you in when you took these pictures. I'm not a Carver owner but I boat out of Midland.

1994 Silverton 34X
454 Crusader

Homeport: midland, on Go to Top of Page

Naut Home

RO# 30670

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  09:02:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BOB TAIT; The two pictures at anchor were taken at my wifes favourite spot. It is up the Musquash Channel in behind Gwetchewan Island. (part of Bone Island) There are many beautiful anchorages in this area.

Georgian Bay Cruiser

RO# 27339

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  11:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeing Naut Homes pictures made me think of our Labour Day weekend this year spent with good friends in the same area.

The weather in Ontario wasn't the best this past year, but weekends like this made up for it.

Terry
1989 28' Carver Mariner
"Feeling Nauti II"

Homeport: Midland, On Go to Top of Page

Naut Home

RO# 30670

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  20:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If you look closely, you can see the ice on the water next to the shore.

The job is half done.

She is covered!!!

Another sad sad day.

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  06:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 356 has got to be one of the most beautiful boats Carver has ever made, and probably one of the best looking aft cabins from anyone.

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  00:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Bob!!! Now THERE'S a guy who really enjoys his boat! Thanks for posting all those pics.
Who wouldn't be jealous seeing that crystal clear water, beautiful sunsets, great fishing,
and of course, "Liz" ...

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  18:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were they all blue hulls, half blue hulls, or blue kingplanks?

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  14:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya Bob! Glad to hear from you. I hope the time goes by quickly for you!!!

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  18:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Bob, you could always take it off the trailer and down the hill on the snow - it might
make a helluva bobsled...

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  10:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be covering my boat next week.

With wax.

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page

stirlingp

RO# 26845

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  14:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone would like to see a survey of a mid-80's Carver 3607, just let me know.

Thanks!

Stirling
saprb2rb2@gr5tgr5thtc.net

Homeport: MO Go to Top of Page

aholst1

RO# 20936

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  13:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BB,
How are your projects going on Maybe Baby?
More importantly, did you find fuel for less than $4.00 / gal?
Inquiring minds want to know...

Homeport: International Harbor Company, Friendsville, TN Go to Top of Page

PBardunias

RO# 2788

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  23:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya Bob!! Glad you had a good trip. Its always good to hear your enthusiastic reports...

Previous Topic: 638 Santego - Aft Cabin Screen Topic Next Topic: Big set of Carver props 28 x 31  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.69 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com