BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 7 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: Robert Lamkin ]
 All Forums
 Forums
 Diving Discussions
 Replacing neoprene wrist seals
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Its here! And I cant dive it. Topic Next Topic: Ladder sold  

November Charlie

RO# 824

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  15:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can already guess who'll have the first answer for this:

I've replaced more latex wrists and necks than I'd care to have at work, to the point I can more often than not leave them looking better than the OEM seal and bone dry every time. I also hate doing them by this point.

Never replaced a neoprene seal, though. Friend of mine picked up a neoprene suit at a GREAT price (I got it for an even better price, and it was too short for me. My new Jetsuit fits NICELY, though), and blew out one of the neoprene seals trying it on. Good thing it fit him perfectly, as he guaranteed the sale when he did that. If I can't fix it for him and have to replace it, we'll likely just put Viking HD latex cones on, but it did lead me to wonder what is invloved in replacing a neoprene seal. Haven't been able to find much info.

So, anyone ever replace a neoprene seal, or familiar with what it entails?
My signature line is cooler than your signature line.

Homeport: Northwest

lobsta1

RO# 1808

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  19:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Ghost will have to give the answer. I never replaced any of the neoprene seals. By the end I should have done both the neck & wrist seals. However I went up to 160 lbs & the Unisuit didn't fit anymore. The same thing happened on my Imperial bubble suit when I went from 125 up to 140 lbs.
Al

P.S. How is the leg?

1978 Bertram 33

Homeport: Beverly,Ma Go to Top of Page

November Charlie

RO# 824

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  20:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was pretty sore Friday, but not bad today. Still a bit swollen, hasn't bled again since Friday, so I think I'll go back to the Doc tomorrow so I can get back in the water. It's not like it'll get wet. I hope.

My signature line is cooler than your signature line.

Homeport: Northwest Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Its here! And I cant dive it. Topic Next Topic: Ladder sold  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com