BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 105 ]  [ Total: 107 ]  [ Newest Member: gtex50 ]
 All Forums
 Misc. Meanderings
 For Women
 Anyone Skype?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Salon vs. barber Topic Next Topic: Men Only  

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  17:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Girls,
My Mac laptop doesn't have a built in camera, but I got an external Logitech one that just sits on the top screen. It's so
cool !

Downloaded the free Skype & now video with our son whenever.
Great tool for visiting across the miles with friends & family.

One caveat: Don't answer if you look like he!!

Homeport: Seneca River, NY

rduhon

RO# 29321

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  18:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It came with both of my laptops, but I don't know what it does or what it is for.

P.S.
Please don't call me a big dummy. I am trying to lose weight.

Homeport: Lake Charles, La Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  18:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I hear you're doing great! Best of Luck!

I'm no expert, but Skype is a low cost call anywhere service. They also offer a free Skype to Skype version, which means you can audio call or video call to another Skype user. That's the one I use & it's fab. Free download for Mac & Windows at www.Skype.com.
Also a good explanation of the service there. Hubby has it in the office & I tease him that he only calls to see what's on the stove for dinner.
Oh No, before you know it RO's will be Skyping each other!

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page

boatbum

RO# 36

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  19:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use it down here in the bahamas since the cell service is overpriced and spotty at best. About the only requirement is a solid wifi signal and decent bandwidth on the connection. Slow wifi will cause echoing and voids. Otherwise we love it.

Deb

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

yzer

RO# 14523

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  19:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skype is great. Our daughter is spending a year in Italy and we keep in contact with a couple of Skype video calls every week. The only thing we paid for was a $40 Creative video camera with a built-in mic.

More of our friends and family are calling us on Skype.

The basic computer-to-computer Skype service is free to anywhere on the planet and includes video calling.

Whiskey is for drinking; water is for fighting over.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

amelia

RO# 20462

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  21:23:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My granddaughter's other granddparents live in France, and without Skype they would miss out on much of the fun of having a toddler in the family. As it is, the baby's dad follows her around with his laptop, aiming it her way as she potters around the house and getting into mischief. This can go on for an hour or more. When son-in-law called from his office one afternoon, his parents wanted to know where the baby was, and to call back when he had a little girl to share.

We aren't so savvy, so must rely on old-fashioned e-mail.

Homeport: Edenton, NC Go to Top of Page

BJL

RO# 1308

Posted - Jan 17 2009 :  09:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mom & sister live in Florida and they use Gmail to see my great nephew all the time. If it weren't for that web cam my mom wouldn't get to see her only great grandchild so much and he would forget who she is. Now he sees her on a regular basis and knows who she is right away. I have my first play date with him this morning!

Work is something I do between fishing trips!

Homeport: Boynton Beach, Florida Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Salon vs. barber Topic Next Topic: Men Only  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com