BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 5 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: 56Fifth ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 360 express opinions
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2005 Cruisers 375 with Twin Yanmar Topic Next Topic: Worn out Warrantee  

ajmoments

RO# 25851

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  15:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

can anyone tell me their thoughts on the 2008 or 2009 360 express. Looking at one of them on Long Island and liked it but need some help bringing me away from the sea ray attraction.

Does Cruisers have the same build quality as Sea Ray? i heard cruisers customer service is awesome.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the Searay 350 Sundancer too...possibly the 380 Sundancer.

Thanks again,

Alan

Homeport: New York

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  16:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ajmoments

Hi,

can anyone tell me their thoughts on the 2008 or 2009 360 express. Looking at one of them on Long Island and liked it but need some help bringing me away from the sea ray attraction.

Does Cruisers have the same build quality as Sea Ray? i heard cruisers customer service is awesome.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the Searay 350 Sundancer too...possibly the 380 Sundancer.

Thanks again,

Alan

Depends on your use requirements. Greg (Mrs. Robinson) cruises with a couple that own a 32 or 33 Cruisers with twin small block I/O's. The boat will scoot at under 20 GPH. I have no idea what the deadrise is. That would obviously effect mileage and consumption and ride comfort. If you are in a lake, not a biggy. The interior is larger than a 330 because there are no side decks to traverse. Bow access is via the windshield. I like the one level layout and the aft sofa that converts to a bed like a futon. No extra cushions to carry. The single level however presents higher freeboard and subsequently a a larger sail area when docking. The forward berth on the cruisers is small to me. The 330 fits me better. However, I'm 6'4".

Greg can give you the skinny on the mechanics and the glass.

A friend has a 380. IF you go to the 380, anticipate 32 GPH rb2rb2rb2@gr5tgr5tgr5t cruise.

HTH

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Edited by - KiDa on Feb 12 2009 16:09:51

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

RamSport47

RO# 28240

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  16:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alan...While I'm not familiar with the 360 Express, my dealership has sold several 330Expresses, and I find those to be surprisingly nimble, economical,ROOMY and have an excellent ride even on our choppy Lake Erie. The 330 has WAY more room inside and on deck than even the 350 SeaRay, so I'm guessing the 360, with it's extra foot in beam and 3 to 4 foot in length will be more in line with Sea Ray's 380 as far as room. The nice thing about the 360 Cruisers is that it is available with stern drives, v-drive inboards and Volvo IPS units in both gas or diesel. Cruisers have a 16 degree vee and have plenty of weight to allow the boat to cruise comfortably smooth.

Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag V-drives

Homeport: Cedar Point Marina, Ohio Go to Top of Page

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  17:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alan

First of all whatever boat you buy, new or used I strongly recommend you get it surveyed. If the boat is on Long Island I recommend Tony Fazio, he has done my last 2 boats and I had no surprises. Another fine Surveyor is Al Prisco

Having owned 2 of Searays (25 & 37 dancers) and 2 Cruisers (33 express & 50 sedan) I can speak from my personal experance.

First, all the boats have been bought used, off warranty

Not that the support I received from Searay was bad, but the Cruisers support has been second to none. My present sedan in just about 10 years old and they treat me like I just bought a new boat from them.

Cruisers seems to be able to get a tremendous amount of livable space & access in their boats and I feel their ride is equal or better than searays of the same size/style ľneither brands run as good as a Formula, had one of them too.

Understanding that each boat has to be check out, I feel that the overall quality of Cruisers is at least equal to Searay -in some areas maybe better and less in others. In the year boats I have owned I felt that Searay was better in the Sex appeal area and on the fit and finish of cabinets etc.. But the Cruisers had been better in construction, quality of components and access to the components. I think Cruisers may have caught up to Searay in the recent 5+ year on fit and finish
Just my 2cents

Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Homeport: Long Island, NY Go to Top of Page

CurrentSea

RO# 10265

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  18:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto Andy's view. Cruisers cusomer sevice is great. They will pull out the schematic of your boat and tell u anything.

2009 Regal 4080
Volvo Diesel IPS

Homeport: Anchorage YC - Lindenhurst, NY Go to Top of Page

goblehipcom

RO# 29681

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  19:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also considering a Cruisers 360 (with Volvo IPS) as my next boat. I was able to see one in person last October when I was on a biz trip in southern California. The cabin was much bigger than I thought it would be from looking at the pictures. I like that it has a seperate shower stall in the head and, for my family, the port side lounger in the cockpit is almost a requirement. I also felt that the galley, with the angled counter space made the entire cabin look more interesting (as opposed to everything just straight down the sides). The hard top looks great although I wish the two skylights were hatches that could open.
-Brian
2001 Regal 2960
"Full Circle" - Seattle, WA
Twin 5.0L Mercs / B3 Drives / Kohler 5kw

Homeport: Seattle, WA Go to Top of Page

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  19:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by abalmuth

Alan

First of all whatever boat you buy, new or used I strongly recommend you get it surveyed....Just my 2cents

You know? That is just a pathetic statement that unfortunately IS a necessary one.

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  13:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David,
About 3-4 years ago the owner of my Marina bought a brand new SR 48 sedan (beautiful boat) had it surveyed.
He said that even though there were no major problems, it was well the money spent because the dealer had to fix many issues before he took the boat, saving valuable in season boating time and aggravation

Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Homeport: Long Island, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 2005 Cruisers 375 with Twin Yanmar Topic Next Topic: Worn out Warrantee  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.38 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com