BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 112 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Misc. Meanderings
 For Women
 Daily Messages from your Husband...
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: A Womans week at the Gym Topic Next Topic: shopping for couple of items  

Bill 2

RO# 1779

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  23:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Girls:

Do you enjoy receiving email or text messages from your husband or significant other or lover that remind you of his love for you or otherwise complimentary comments during the day while you are at work?

If yes, then how often? Daily? Couple of times a week? Less? Do you respond to him in a similar way? Any comments?

Bill 2
Remembering 9.11.01

Homeport: Cape Cod

Perc

RO# 9738

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  11:36:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This begs the question.....

Bill2, what did you do wrong?

Monterey 322
"Aqua Dream"

Homeport: Virginia Go to Top of Page

duck

RO# 17014

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  11:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems the obvious answer is yes. Frequency? That would be up to the sender, and I imagine responding in like is the way to go.

Comments? What Perc said.

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

Bill 2

RO# 1779

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  12:01:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

LOL... I've done nothing wrong. I just love (blush) someone a lot, a really lot, and I send notes to her all the time - several times a day in fact. So I began to think about whether or not this is something that other men do and what the response would be from the women. That's all. Funny, I am never at a loss for words, but I suddenly find myself stumbling over how to respond here.

Bill 2
Remembering 9.11.01

Homeport: Cape Cod Go to Top of Page

Perc

RO# 9738

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  12:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to get serious for a moment.

First, as Duck said there is nothing wrong with doing that, as often as you like. Sometimes less is more, as long as less is something. Don't inundate her relentlessly or you may get an unexpected reaction.

One thing to think about is this.....

When you do something like this are you willing to keep it up? If your attention wanes she'll notice and you may be asked "why".

Monterey 322
"Aqua Dream"

carver 2557

RO# 11591

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  12:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I married my wife 9 years ago and I told her then that I loved her, and if I changed my mind I would get back to her...Saves AL that mushy I love you crap everyday...

Perc

RO# 9738

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  12:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Saves AL that mushy I love you crap everyday...

Now we know why she refers to you as the "right hand man".

Monterey 322
"Aqua Dream"

duck

RO# 17014

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  13:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,

You're not stumbling. You're being very sincere. I'm assuming that this is a new relationship, so an answer as to what other men would do might not help you here as most are in longer term relationships.

Just my opinion, but Carver's advice might not be the way to go.

Perc is a very bright man.

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  13:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever you do, DON'T let Carver cook for her...

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Brian N

RO# 3970

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  13:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carver 2557

I married my wife 9 years ago and I told her then that I loved her, and if I changed my mind I would get back to her...Saves AL that mushy I love you crap everyday...

This year is our 15th anniversary. Linda asked me if I wanted to renew our vows. I told her that I was pretty sure we did it right the first time and I didn't recall an expiration date on the marriage certificate....

What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic.

Homeport: Somewhere in the woods, NH Go to Top of Page

HOGAN

RO# 3813

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  13:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian, I'm pretty sure that is precisely the response she was looking for!

1999 Trojan 440 Express
2005 Scout 175 Sportfish

MMSI# 338049724

Surly to bed, surly to rise...

Edited by - HOGAN on Mar 05 2009 22:38:08

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Haverstraw, NY Go to Top of Page

Sunny

RO# 10414

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  16:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must not be that needy, I agree with Carver!

Although we go one better, we video Skype from office to home,,, I think he wants to see what's on the stove for dinner.
Hey it's worked for 40+ years !

Homeport: Seneca River, NY Go to Top of Page

duck

RO# 17014

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  19:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An expression of love every so often doesn't qualify as being "needy," as I see it. We're at 30 years, and I'd have a problem with it not being said every so often. Different people, different ways of keeping a relationship special. 40 years - that's great!

KiDa

RO# 16492

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  21:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oprah.....Oprah?!?!?!?!?

Arggghhhhhh!

Best Regards,

David
Saint Max
'99 330 Sundancer

==========

Capitalism is to this administration what Judaism was to the Third Reich.

-- Me

Homeport: Hopewell, VA Go to Top of Page

duck

RO# 17014

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  22:15:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill asked a question that clearly was important to him, and he asked it in an appropriate forum. What's your point?

Edited by - duck on Mar 05 2009 22:15:53

Bill 2

RO# 1779

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  23:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am offended by very few things, and find humor in most things. This is a story and a half that really began back in 1978 or 1979. There's a lot of stuff that has happened in between then and now, but let's just say that everyone, even here, should experience what I have been for the past several months. I won't bore anyone with details, but it's a really beautiful thing.

It began with her eyes, and once I kissed her once, I knew I was going flying.

It has to do with her being on my mind all the time; with me smiling and talking to strangers who happen to catch my eye; with laughing out loud even when I'm alone; with me singing to myself, out loud. She makes me danse (fr.) alone in the bank parking lot while listening to some love song on the radio; she makes my spirit soar, all day and all night; she makes my heart glad; she makes me feel good. And I love her simply because she is who she is, and it's a good thing, a really good thing.

I have no heartburn talking about this because of the profound impact that it has had on my life at a time when I thought that hugging and kissing and all that other stuff was gone forever. But, it is not; it definitely is not.

I forget what my original question is. Oh, yeah! I remember now. So, for the record, she likes getting my text messages and email messages. I try to say stuff to her as much as I can so that she knows that I'm here and that I care. Most men are like ...Uuuggghhhh... you gotta be kidding me right about here. But, I'm telling you that this smile is always on my face.

Even now, I'm smiling (sorta out loud) as I write all of this to you guys. So laugh, comment, and diss me (I don't mean to be disrespectful here). I don't care; I don't care at all because there's something fabulously beautiful happening in my life, and I'm in it for the duration, the long haul, to it's end. And if I'm lucky, I'll be able to keep this going for a long, long, time.

Thanks for your comments and responses.

Bill 2
Remembering 9.11.01

Perc

RO# 9738

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  08:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote stuff like that to a lizard once, trust me it never ends!

Monterey 322
"Aqua Dream"

To the Max

RO# 11796

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  20:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Bill you are a hopeless romantic, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't come back and bite you.

When my husband and I first met, we felt a bit like that too, alas 14 years and two kids later, we dont get the mushy feelings very often anymore, HOWEVER, we still hold hands and kiss whilst sitting on the couch watching TV - (kids go EEEWWW), so if it works for you and your love, then go for it.

Who can say if those intense feelings will last forever, it really doesn't matter. Enjoy them whilst they do :)

Cheers
2theMax

Homeport: Sydney, Australia Go to Top of Page

Bill 2

RO# 1779

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  11:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks for now. I have a couple of comments to make, but not the time or thought process to do it now, but I'll be back - Wednesday?

Bill 2
Remembering 9.11.01

Previous Topic: A Womans week at the Gym Topic Next Topic: shopping for couple of items  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.42 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com