BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: 56Fifth ]
 All Forums
 Misc. Meanderings
 For Women
 shopping for couple of items
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Daily Messages from your Husband... Topic Next Topic: Salon vs. barber  

heidi

RO# 474

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  12:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm looking for recommendations for the best places to look for a couple of things i need for the boat. i live in a remote location, so i don't have access to the big box stores, needs to be mail-order sites.

1) curtains-- all the catalogs i see are for large curtains for home use. i need smaller boat-sized style, like 4' wide x 3' tall.

2) a small QUIET electric fan. i just need to move a little bit of air around the cabin, but i hate the noise of most big fans. i think a small fan just a few inches wide would work, but quiet is the key!

any suggestions would be welcome -- thanks!

Homeport: Ketchikan, AK

pdecat

RO# 842

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  17:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google “rv curtains” and you will find several sources for curtains. Cooling fans for PCs etc are among the quietest a old pc will have one if you have 120v AC.

Bruce

Homeport: Gulf Coast FL Go to Top of Page

carver 2557

RO# 11591

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  20:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed a PC fan in our Aft Cabin area on the ceiling...Very quiet and keeps the air moving...
As far as curtains, the admiral had ours made by a local seamstress when we replaced them....

Homeport: Go to Top of Page

TIMEOUT90

RO# 19919

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  22:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, Ketchikan, a quaint little drinking town with a fishing problem. ;) My wife and I were there in 2004 and LOVED it. Secluded, yes, but a beautiful area!

-Dana

Formula 41PC

Homeport: Hudson, WI Go to Top of Page

heidi

RO# 474

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  17:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the "google RV curtains" was a great tip. thanks. and as for ketchikan, no buts about it, "secluded" is the best part about it!!

Homeport: Ketchikan, AK Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Daily Messages from your Husband... Topic Next Topic: Salon vs. barber  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com