BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 127 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 2005 Cruisers 375 with Twin Yanmar
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Giant Batteries: Topic Next Topic: 360 express opinions  

kandkobrien

RO# 31136

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  08:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are actively looking at a 2005 Cruisers 375 with Twin Yanmars. We are currently sailing a Catalina 36 so the concept of moving from a 35 hp diesel back to powerboating with this power plant does not present the typical issues/concerns. We do mostly Northeast US Coastal Cruising and motor sailing at 5-6 kts. Trawlers weren't for us and we needed the space that other layouts didn't provide for our two 10 year olds and dog.

We are in the final stages of discussions on this purchase. Any thoughts or input ... "would've done had we thought of it" type of input that you all might provide at this stage.

Thx in advance ...

K

Homeport: NJ

abalmuth

RO# 13885

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  09:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin
First let me say that we have had our share of boats over the years, two of them being Cruisers, and they have one of the finest support teams in the industry. My boat has been out of production for 5 years, I didnít buy it new, and every time I speak to someone at Cruisers they treat me like I just bought a new boat from them
There are some 375 owners here so Iím sure with a little time one of them will jump in.
Make sure you get a full survey, both boat and Engines Ė if needed I recommend Al Prisco
Also if you need a Yanmar tech let me know.
If you have the Hull number you can call the Cruisers owners desk and see if there have been any issues with the boat

Carver Voyager 530 with Volvo 122's/610HP
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........

Edited by - abalmuth on Mar 18 2009 17:01:56

Homeport: Huntington/Greenport, NY Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Giant Batteries: Topic Next Topic: 360 express opinions  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com