BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 4 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: wlsomaha ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Chaparral Owners
 No topics
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Replacement Parts Topic Next Topic: 290 signature question  

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  07:38:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Either the Chaparral owners have no issues with their boats or they arent using them yet.

Mine is down for a lower unit replacement. Hoping to get it back on line soon.
I spent last weekend polishing the hull and cockpit. Gave her a good bath and removed a large birdnest from my anchor locker.

Looking forward to my first season boating on the Pasquotank River and ALbemarle Sound.
Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC

JohnH

RO# 1474

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think most Chap owners participate more on the Chaparral Owners forum than here. Mine was just dropped in my slip yesterday...start of my fifth season. After the usual precautionary engine room checks, from hoses, to belts, to batteries, etc., both engines fired right up with minimal cranking and ran just as smooth as ever. All is right with the world again.

John H

2005 Chaparral 290 "Brown Eyed Girl"

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Hudson River, NY Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  12:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I havent been to that site in a couple of years.

Good to hear everything came back to life for you. I sit and look at the river everyday wishing my boat was ready to go...

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret
My oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..., did not end when I retired. I stand by it till the end.

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page

JohnH

RO# 1474

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  14:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul, you should give it a look see. It has come a long way in the last year. Over 5000 members, although participation in the forum is probably not nearly that high. Lots of good information and knowledge not only from Chap owners, but a dealer or two as well.

John H

2005 Chaparral 290 "Brown Eyed Girl"

Homeport: Haverstraw Marina, Hudson River, NY Go to Top of Page

Shadowcruzr

RO# 1702

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  07:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I will. Maybe someone can help me out with my outdrive dilemma

Paul
ETC, USCG, Ret

Homeport: Elizabeth City, NC Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Replacement Parts Topic Next Topic: 290 signature question  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
BoaterEd © BoaterEd Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.36 seconds to load
Forum Guidelines and Privacy Notice

Boatered.com