BoaterEd Store      - Help Support This Forum - Join Today!      Hunting/Fishing Stuff
BoaterEd
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Avatar Legend | Statistics
[ Active Members: 2 | Guests: 147 ]  [ Total: 149 ]  [ Newest Member: 56Fifth ]
 All Forums
 Clubs - Organized Clubs, Cruises and Activities
 Cruisers Yachts Owners
 LCD TV MOUNTING
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Its official! Topic Next Topic: 1995 Cruisers 3120 Aria  

blue horizon

RO# 26599

Posted - May 16 2009 :  17:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i HAVE A 2005 280 cxi and am about to add a new LCD tv. I would like to put it roughly into the same area as the current model but also keep it safe. Whats the best mount to use? Any other ideas?

Mike
Blue Horizon

Homeport: new york

Sun Gauds

RO# 22297

Posted - May 17 2009 :  12:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to work on this same project later this season (same boat as you). I've been looking at ArmorMount and VideoMountStore (both websites) for ideas. Just haven't had the time. Let me know what you decide. It's a small area and only so many ways to mount the TV. Please let me know what you decide. Good luck.

Joe
2005 Cruisers 280CXI
Stafford, VA

Homeport: Stafford, VA Go to Top of Page

blue horizon

RO# 26599

Posted - May 17 2009 :  18:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Joe. Just getting started I'll let you know what I find out!

Homeport: new york Go to Top of Page

blue horizon

RO# 26599

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  19:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blue horizon

Ok Joe. Just getting started I'll let you know what I find out!

Joe I ended up putting in a new 19 inch Toshiba lcd/dvd combo. I think the model is 19v 505. I mounted it with the standard stand that came with the tv. I put industrial strength velcro across the bottom of the front half of the stand. I then used an appropriate wood srcrew that I put through a mounting hole in the rear of the stand. Under the stand there is a mounting strip with screw holes in it that you can extend out behind the stand to further secure the TV. I put 3 of the screws that Cruiser's used on the old TV through the holes and the setup appears to be rock solid! By the way I put it almost in the exact spot the old TV was in but maybe just a little farther back. One other note. You will want to do this on a calm day because you need to set up the TV and then figure out the exact location for it by making sure you can see it well from all angles in the salon before you start drilling holes and putting in screws! Good luck!

Homeport: new york Go to Top of Page

Sun Gauds

RO# 22297

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  05:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike!

Joe
2005 Cruisers 280CXI
Stafford, VA

Homeport: Stafford, VA Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Its official! Topic Next Topic: 1995 Cruisers 3120 Aria  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To: